DDR2 2x2 OCZ + 1x1 = BSOD

I originally had OCZ Platinum 4-4-4-12 1x1 = 2gb.

I added OCZ Gold XTC PC2-6400 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-800 CL5-5-5-18 DDR2.

I started getting BSOD in Windows 7 x64 after about a month. Setting was CL5-5-5-18. Removing the 2gb platinums and all was fine.

E6750 is overclocked to 400x8.

Is there any way I can get the memory working together?

Did you check the voltages of the sticks in the bios? The ram settings. Did you leave it on auto or changed it manually?

Did you check the voltages of the sticks in the bios? The ram settings. Did you leave it on auto or changed it manually?

I changed timings to 5-5-5-18 manually and set the voltage to 2.1V (set +0.3 since DS3R default is 1.8V).

I believe the Ocz plat can take 1.9v-2.1V; the gold takes 2.1-2.2V

Can I set looser timings to get the 4 memory sticks working? Is there a specific way to put it in the motherboard?

Clear your cmos then try and boot with them. Let the bios automatically try and adjust them first. I know OCZ ram are full of crap when it comes to intel. They released 1156 sticks that runs on 1.65v which the socket don't support. So always be carefull with their voltages

Thanks.
I put the maximum voltage (2.1V). The m/b reset itself and is on default clock. It appears to be working so far with no OCing. What tests should I run to confirm stability? Play a game? Prime95?

Memtest86 but put it on usb disk and boot up with it. You need to make the usb booteable. You can run it in windows but its better in a ofline mode with nothing else running

Thanks.
I put the maximum voltage (2.1V). The m/b reset itself and is on default clock. It appears to be working so far with no OCing. What tests should I run to confirm stability? Play a game? Prime95?

There is one program called memtest, it check for errors in the memory. If it doesn't produce any errors, you're fine.

Also, you may play games to see if it's good enough.

Back