DDR2, 1T?

this is my first ddr2 build. I have gskill F2800-CL5D, 2x2G, using 5-5-5-15(stock), @1066(rated). I'm using 2T timing now, can I use 1T?
thx,
rlr

depend on your ram. maybe at a slower speed than rated. can't hurt to try you'll just lock up and or reboot anyway. I had some OCZ stick that ran 1t at 900 mhz but they were rated for it too.

going from 2T to 1T is a large jump... if its running at stock settings, then 75% of the time you won't be able to get to 1T... otherwise they would market it at 1T!

however, as mentioned, you can loosen your other timings or lower your frequency to attain 1T

will 1t see a performance boost? i was under the impression it wasnt as important as speed when it comes to ddr2

yeah the best is to go for raw speed, you'll get more bandwidth that way.

higher frequencies are probably better, but it doesn't hurt to try

just get some memory benchmarks and test it out to see which works better for your particular set/configuration

I read an article on anandtech about rampage formula bios, and they were talking about tightening timings with the settings availed in that bios, and getting better performance, could be with that bios though, and I don't recall what they said about 1T or 2T, I'll have to check it out again, ...and do some benchmarks to see how it works with the rest of my setup.

thanks,
rlr

Back