DDL and DTS connect help

Digital Viper-X-

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Dec 9, 2000
Messages
16,315
Ok, Here is the Q, I have the AuzenTech Prelude XFI with the latest drivers, and when using DTS Connect or DDL I have to set the default audio device to analog to get any audio out of my digital jacks(coax or toslink), is this normal? there is also a slight delay in the audio, probably processing no biggie I can fix that easy.
 
Ok, Here is the Q, I have the AuzenTech Prelude XFI with the latest drivers, and when using DTS Connect or DDL I have to set the default audio device to analog to get any audio out of my digital jacks(coax or toslink), is this normal? there is also a slight delay in the audio, probably processing no biggie I can fix that easy.

that doesn't sound normal. have the soundcard enabled on the mb by chance?
 
No, the prelude is the only card detecting on the system

it works fine, as long as I set the default device to Analog, the digital out works when using dts connect / ddl

but that doesn't really make sense to me 0.0
 
Analogue out is always on.
If you want the sound to be sent digitally as well, you enable DDL/DTS.
The delay using digital out is mostly caused by your amplifier processing the sound.
 
Analogue out is always on.
If you want the sound to be sent digitally as well, you enable DDL/DTS.
The delay using digital out is mostly caused by your amplifier processing the sound.

0.0

in Vista, you select your default output device
(analog or digital)
once you select one, the other one does not work
If I chose digital, digital works, without a delay

if I use DDL / DTS c, then Digital no longer works with digital being the default output device
I have to select analog, in which case, both digital and analog then work(with dts c / ddl)

otherwise Digital has to be selected to get digital output
 
Back
Top