DDC Pump Questions

Thanks all. Sent an email to Performance-PC so will see what they say.

Seems most likely it was a return from an unscrupulous customer and PPC didn't catch it.

Last edited:
I received a reply from PPC:

This could be remaining water from testing at the factory. It should never have been used.

So evidently they do get tested at the factory. I hope. Short of running the pump is there any way I can look for wear?

The only things to check would be the bearing. Its the white ball that the magnetic rotor sits on. You can pop the rotor off and have a look at it. As long as the white ball looks flawless and the stainless steel shell of the rotor looks clean with no wear marks it should be gtg.
This is from a old pump but it will give you an idea of what your looking at.
Make sure to dry it off before you take it apart. Just to be sure no water gets inside the casing.

Attachments

• IMG_20201221_124153786_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201221_124153786_HDR.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20201221_124315672_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201221_124315672_HDR.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Nobu
like this
Seems most likely it was a return from an unscrupulous customer and PPC didn't catch it
That is a good bet. Me, personally, I would ask for a new one. You have no idea what that pump was put through. PPCS implied that they pull some for testing and those should not be sold.

The only things to check would be the bearing. Its the white ball that the magnetic rotor sits on. You can pop the rotor off and have a look at it. As long as the white ball looks flawless and the stainless steel shell of the rotor looks clean with no wear marks it should be gtg.
This is from a old pump but it will give you an idea of what your looking at.
Make sure to dry it off before you take it apart. Just to be sure no water gets inside the casing.
Thanks for this. I took it apart and it looks in good shape.

Also received another reply from PPC. Said their rep has told them it's normal and happens every once in a while. So I feel better about it now.

Thanks for this. I took it apart and it looks in good shape.

Also received another reply from PPC. Said their rep has told them it's normal and happens every once in a while. So I feel better about it now.
np, keep us updated.
i failed to mention you can also pull the motor out of the casing and have a look at the board. you can check for burn marks, scorch marks or water damage like discoloration etc just like you would on a mb or gpu.
if the pump fails 99.99% of the time it will be because the mb dies. so its good to familiarize yourself with the whole pump in case you ever have to troubleshoot it.
GL, hopefully she holds up for you and lasts for many years to come!

Back