DD site, just noticed...

cgrant26

2[H]4U
I was surfing around DD's site for the hell of it and I noticed that they now sell tops for the Maze4 GPU. The thing that really caught my eye though was that it sai "Maze4 GPU top with HIGH FLOW fittings". Is there anything different about these fittings than the ones that come with the Maze4? (both being 1/2)
:confused:

There is a slight differance in the ID of the fittings. The new ones are slightly larger than the old brass fittings. I forget the exact size, but the high flow are larger.

Who cares about those crappy tops? I wish they sold just the bases. Because of this I just decided to get a cheap used cpu version and mod it with a brass top and copper fittings and use it on my radeon.

yeah whats with all this lexan shit and rubber gaskets that cant handle cold temps and leak

just give me a solid well performing solid metal water block, damn
leave the bling bling for other parts that are not so critical

cgrant26 said:
I was surfing around DD's site for the hell of it and I noticed that they now sell tops for the Maze4 GPU. The thing that really caught my eye though was that it sai "Maze4 GPU top with HIGH FLOW fittings". Is there anything different about these fittings than the ones that come with the Maze4? (both being 1/2)
:confused:

I have two different 1/2id fittings that came off of my Maze4..let me see if I can find them and Ill post a pic.

Steel Chicken said:
yeah whats with all this lexan shit and rubber gaskets that cant handle cold temps and leak

What do you mean by "cold temps"...as in chilling the water very low somehow? Or do you leave your PC outside in freezing weather...

And leaks? My Maze4 doesn't leak, and I don't expect it to. As long as you have the top securely tightened and the o-ring in the groove, it damn near CAN'T leak.

Have you ever USED an actual Maze4 block? Sounds like you have not...DD makes good parts, don't be flaming like a f-a-n-b-o-i if you don't have any experience with them....

The fittings weren't tight enough on my TDX when I first got it. I had mad leakage when i first filled it.

TheRapture said:
What do you mean by "cold temps"...as in chilling the water very low somehow? Or do you leave your PC outside in freezing weather...

water chillers, look in the extreme cooling section

Stang Man said:
water chillers, look in the extreme cooling section

Well for really cold temps I can see that...but for normal water cooling the Maze series are great parts...

My Maze4 GPU has been working for about 7 or 8 months on chilled water. No problems what-so-ever.

cgrant26 said:
My Maze4 GPU has been working for about 7 or 8 months on chilled water. No problems what-so-ever.

the gaskets get brittle over time, cold makes it worse

top is the high flow fittings and the bottom is the old
the high flow fittings are the same barbs dtek has been using for some time
PDRM0386.JPG

PDRM0387.JPG

flak said:
The fittings weren't tight enough on my TDX when I first got it. I had mad leakage when i first filled it.
The same thing was true with my RBX. Luckily, I noticed it when I was attaching tubing so I fixed it then. I sent DD an email about this problem and they never responded.

Back