• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

DD real-time encoding

xhail

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 21, 2002
Messages
187
I was wondering if there will be any sound cards with real-time Dolby Digital encoding capabilities in the near future, besides the onboard Nforce2 SoundStorm.

I am using Altec Lansing ADA 880s for my speakers and I personally love them. I was thinking of selling them, but if there is going to be a sound card with DD encoding I will just keep them and wait it out.

Thanks
 
Originally posted by xhail
I was wondering if there will be any sound cards with real-time Dolby Digital encoding capabilities in the near future, besides the onboard Nforce2 SoundStorm.

I am using Altec Lansing ADA 880s for my speakers and I personally love them. I was thinking of selling them, but if there is going to be a sound card with DD encoding I will just keep them and wait it out.

Thanks

Well I am 90 % sure there will be a standalone soundstorm soundcard so you don´t have to upgrade your mainboard or throw you computer out of the window if you got an Intel system.

However have no idea when they will actually come out.
 
Back
Top