DD 5.1 question

Joined
Nov 7, 2003
Messages
928
I was wondering something... Ya know the boards with the MCP-T chip with soundstorm? It encodes stereo sounds into real-time DD 5.1 sound? What about games and movies that are already encoded in DD 5.1 and doesn't need the motherboard to do it for them. Will the motherboard recognize that the media is already in DD format and leave it alone and just let pass through??
 
I know for DVDs it'll just pass the digital stream right out to the receiver. I didn't know any games had encoded dolby digital so I don't know about that.
 
i think that i heard that Doom 3 will have it encoded. just wondering cuz ya know obviously the MCP-T chip cannot improvise a 3D sound environment that sounds better than something that the developers would program into a game so i was just wondering if the board would tamper with already-encoded media or not, hopefully not....
 
Back
Top