DC-Vault

Gilthanis

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014
Looks like DC-Vault might be done. here is why. Earlier this week the domain name expired. So, I had Rusty look into it.

Originally Posted by Coleslaw
It appears that the DC-Vault domain expired...
Just heard back from Chelle. They arent going to fund it anymore.

**** knows what happened to the your domain expires in xxx emails.

If the domain is up for ransom, I am not going to pay it..

I have no idea if this means he will just get a new domain and let it continue to limp along or just let it die as it has lost its popularity over the years due to the main coder/owner giving up on it.

ChristianVirtual , this may be an opportunity for the Hard-DC.com site. As well as making changes to the scoring mechanism.

Who owns the domain right now?

Can you ask him if he will transfer the domain? I will pay the fees.

ChristianVirtual , were you interested in doing a re-design of DC-Vault. Rusty started asking me what ideas I had for it and I think he is looking for someone to help with the design portion. Nano was the owner that originally set it up and so is the only owner that really knew how to do anything with it. I think Rusty got the keys to the server now and is considering big changes if someone has the time and interest.

OK... I will let him know so that we can get everyone together discussing ideas. I have no idea what is already there and what you would want to do. However, I have a few ideas I will lay down on what I think would make DC-Vault more appealing. More to come as it is 2:17AM here.

Back