DC Vault 2

Has anyone heard any news on why Seventeen Or Bust has been down since ~ 4/20? I would hate to see another old and reliable project to be finally pulled from the Vault. There are less and less non-BOINC ones popping up these days...

After doing some GoogleFu and PM'ing a few people, I came across some info actually at PrimeGrid

If you're wondering what has happened to seventeenorbust.com and have found this forum, here's what I know right now:

Louie has had some difficulty with the server, domain name, and/or hosting platform and is in the process of transferring the server. It's unclear right now how long it will take, but he's working on it.

Seventeenorbust.com's own forums can be found here: Seventeen or Bust - *Official* Project Forum

Update on seventeenorbust.com

I think DCVault and Formula BOINC aren't worth worrying about. We should just move to WCG and agree that some will freelance with other BOINC stuff.

Update:

The latest word from Louie is not good. The server and the backups appear to be lost. It's unclear whether the SoB project will be coming back.

As of right now, we intend to keep on working on our 2 k's. Beyond that it's too early to say.

Update on seventeenorbust.com

Would anyone here have a recent copy of http://seventeenorbust.com/sieve/results.txt.bz2 (not posting as a link because that site is gone). Louie Helm from seventeenorbust.com is looking for one.

Van Der Waerden Numbers has been added to the Vault. It has shot us up to 2nd place. We'll see what happens once the results settle. Currently 73 points per position. Also, last I saw, work units wanted ~1.3GB RAM each.

Last edited:
For those still pushing our position in the Vault. VDWNumbers is still worth the most per position change. But here is the reason for this post. The work units are already back up to ~1.5GB of Ram per work unit. The Ram needed will continue to grow as the Primes being crunched continue to get larger. This means that the longer you wait to push our standing at this project, the more system requirements it is going to take to move. If you have any goals at this project, now is the time to be crunching it. There is no telling if there will ever be an application that reduces the memory requirements again, so it may become a project at some point that only the heaviest of hitters can run. Just some food for thought as our team currently sits in 10th place over all at the project and most of those points were me hitting my personal goal. :)

GoofyxGrid has been added to the Misc. category. We should see stats updates soon.

With the stats update, we are back up to 2nd place with room to move if more add the project. This project is non-CPU intensive and thus wont take away from other DC work. They also have Android work units.

At the current output at GoofyxGrid, we can take ~9 more spots for a total of 725.85 Vault points. However, things can change in a day so no telling where we will finish. The project is still NCI, so if anyone has BOINC running, you should consider adding the project along with WUProp. It shouldn't interfere with other projects.

We are about a month away from losing a spot at OGR-28. The only thing we have running that project right now is my netbook (4 threads) that is doing double duty with Majestic-12. And this netbook may be brought down this weekend for a few days. Not sure if its replacement will have the same setup. I need to just make a few VM's that are designed for a few of these projects just to have ready for when we need D. But just wanted to point it out in case anyone was still focused on DC-Vault.

We dropped back down to 4th place today. Ars has been hammering away at GoofyxGrid for the easy points lately. They are utilizing the multiple clients technique.

Now that TN-Grrid has posted their invitation code publicly, I am waiting to hear back if they are ready for more resources that the dc-vault may bring.

TN-Grid pretty well passed the stress testing. It will most likely be added to the Vault shortly pending Rusty.

TN-Grid has been added to the Bio/Medical category. Stats have not updated yet.

TN-Grid stats just updated and it propelled us to 3rd again.

OcUK just bumped us to 4th due to our inactivity in TN-Grid where there are huge point gains to be had.

We are back to 3rd but that could easily shift as our points are very close to each others.
SRBase is in discussion for inclusion.

SAT@home has been pulled due to not being active for several months.

Rusty added SRBase to the Vault. This dropped us to 4th place but means we have plenty of room to increase our score easily as well.

Looks like my lowly netbook has some company over at OGR-28

OGR.PNG

It is one of the distributed.net projects. It has its own client but YoYo@home also runs work using the BOINC wrapper. However, in this case, only the points earned running the distributed.net client counts for this listing.

If anyone is looking for suggestions, right now our 2 weakest projects are TN-Grid and SRBase. TN-Grid is worth about 90 points per position right now.

If anyone is looking for suggestions, right now our 2 weakest projects are TN-Grid and SRBase. TN-Grid is worth about 90 points per position right now.

What am I missing? It shows we have half a mil lead in TN-Grid.....?

Gilthanis is referring to DC-Vault: http://www.dc-vault.com/index.php.

For TN-Grid, go to the last column and sort the order: http://www.dc-vault.com/showcat.php?by=87&cat=2&order=desc We are now at position #16 and to move to #15, we will gain 88 points or so. Each position move is based on the formula below:

The scoring calculation to determine the team positions within the vault ranking system works as follows:

Overall score = Sum of all category scores
Category scores = Sum of all projects scores in a category
Project score = 10000 - ((Position - 1) * (10000 / Total number of teams in the project))

Folding@Home project is also included in DC-Vault.

Last edited:
I have enough pending WUs to put us in 8th but dont know what the other teams rates are.

Back