DC Vault 2

Rusty pulled DistributedDataMining due to the project not being able to handle the extra attention.

I have my 8350 up and running. I have it doing DENIS@Home. If there is something else that needs a push let me know and I will switch it.
I hope to have more systems up when I get my dedicated power outlet for my rack.

If anyone is fluent with GIMPS stats and how the work is verified, one of our friends over at OcUK has pointed out some potential disturbing behavior.

Was going to ask you about GIMPS and how they validated the work done given it is so easy just to make stuff up

Looking at yesterday's stats it looks like some people do just that, and today's was even worse
The bit of work I returned is dwarfed by at least a trillion billion million times what someone on the GIMPS.Russia team turned in.

Their forum are aware of these results but the overall impression I'm left with is that if you want to cheat and do it at a low level and don't go mad you aren't going to get found out. Would that be the right impression ?

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18403553&page=24

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=gimps&team=229

Thoughts?

I have my 8350 up and running. I have it doing DENIS@Home. If there is something else that needs a push let me know and I will switch it.
I hope to have more systems up when I get my dedicated power outlet for my rack.

DENIS is fine. Just make sure to consider the donor supplied optimized apps as they are about 10 times faster. Universe@home is a good one too for pushing our position right now. It really just depends on your interests, but typically the newest additions have the lowest participation levels which also means greatest points per position awards.

DENIS is fine. Just make sure to consider the donor supplied optimized apps as they are about 10 times faster. Universe@home is a good one too for pushing our position right now. It really just depends on your interests, but typically the newest additions have the lowest participation levels which also means greatest points per position awards.
Thanks. I will put it to Universe. I also hope to add the OC 2500K today and will add it as well.

Looks like DPC is stampeding through Universe@home right now. It won't be long before they surpass us in the Vault as they have a lot more room to climb than we do.

The admins are kicking around the idea of testing TN-Grid aka Gene@home. So far I have had over 2500 completed work units with less that .5% failure rate. They have kept up with supply/demand of current donors. However, a large scale test of infrastructure, approval from project admin, and potentially an agreement to up the work batches available to support future demand is still needed. The downside is that the project requires an invitation code which I have (if anyone needs it). They had asked that I not publicly post it. I am waiting for the admin to reply to some of my questions including whether the invitation code is still necessary. I plan on upping my testing by dedicating a 2P or something to it here shortly to see what work fetch looks like when trying to pull multiple work units at a time.

Looks like we moved up to 2nd place today! We also moved up to 9th in the Physical Science category. Very nice!

Yeah.. we keep ping poning between 2 and 3 since our points are so close. We need to put some distance up there.

Looks like Primaboinca got pulled last night. Luckily we remained in 3rd place.

The good news is that if the project pulls their heads out of their rears, we can always add them back. I still have yet to get a reply to 2 emails and a public forum post from them.

It appears the domain name expired. Rusty is looking into getting it rectified. The forums are still up as they are part of the Team Ninja forums.

There is also a discussion thread posted by Rusty about the GIMPS potential for cheating with a link to another forum discussion at the project forums. It seems it is rather easy to cheat and the general attitude seems to be that it is tolerated if done in small amounts as to not tip the scales...

http://www.team-ninja.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57725

the domain name for DC-Vault has now been addressed. Back to business as usual.

DENIS@home got pulled until they can become more stable and supply work.

Sadly, this has placed us back into 4th place like old times.

Moved on from f@h due to my gtx 580 taking dumps on WUs the past 8 months. now WCG as sonofapharmacist.

I've been running VGTU for several days now and it appears to be very stable. Hopefully the admins can keep up with the wu quantity needed for a vault project.

When I asked about how they did work units (their server only ever shows 50), they told me they created more on the fly. So, it theoretically should be able to supply the demand. However, I don't know how quick it can generate new work. So, I'm sure someone adding tons of resources at once might notice a slight delay.

I am in the process of assessing a good time to do a stress test for VDWNumbers. The project admin has given permission for inclusion.

MalariaControl will sadly be removed from the Vault until the time comes that they have more work. They have been without work for 4 months now.

Do you have a version of this that is updated daily or do you have to manually go in and edit each time? Digi-Koz's new page only lists their team and so is no longer useful to others.

It did, until my Windows 8 Imploded itself, Once I re-install windows again, I can start up the VM that it is setup in...

Hmm, I can trigger the Old version to run Manually Thou...

Last edited:
Back