DC Vault 2

We took 7th place from ARS in the misc. category. Keep up the good work guys.

I've sent DigiK-oz a PM to see if he is renewing his stats site.

NickOfTime, if you care, you could remove the items from suggested additions list except for distributed data mining. (that project recently gave us the green light and is up for debate)

DENIS & Universe are up for sure. Atlas is a maybe as I'm not sure if any of the admins are fully testing it right now. I know I'm not a fan just yet. vLHC said they aren't ready yet, so they are on hold for later down the line consideration.

DPAD aka Muon1 has been removed. Universe@home should also be added very shortly.

Well.. now that you already saved and closed......... We are most likely pulling SZTAKI due to work unit shortage issue that is an ongoing PITA. Adding Universe@home. Considering DENIS@home if they can fix their supply/demand issue. Atlas has a thread open for us to consider it, but honestly I don't know if anyone but myself has actually tested it. I find the project to have flaky work units on systems that run VM projects elsewhere just fine. I personally don't feel it is up to snuff for DC-Vault but that isn't my decision. I'm just one vote.

Oh, and Distributed Data Mining should be added next weekend. We are giving the admin time to produce a larger batch of work units just in case.

EDIT: and for further adjustments, Asteroids is a GPU project. nVidia I believe.SETI is CPU nVidia AMD & Intel GPU, GPUGrid beta tests AMD GPU's from time to time if you feel like updating it as well as tests/runs cpu work from time to time, Collatz also has Intel GPU. I didn't know if you also wanted a category in there for others like ARM, virtualbox, etc... But that might make your sheet more cluttered if you do.

Last edited:
Well.. now that you already saved and closed......... We are most likely pulling SZTAKI due to work unit shortage issue that is an ongoing PITA. Adding Universe@home. Considering DENIS@home if they can fix their supply/demand issue. Atlas has a thread open for us to consider it, but honestly I don't know if anyone but myself has actually tested it. I find the project to have flaky work units on systems that run VM projects elsewhere just fine. I personally don't feel it is up to snuff for DC-Vault but that isn't my decision. I'm just one vote.

Oh, and Distributed Data Mining should be added next weekend. We are giving the admin time to produce a larger batch of work units just in case.

EDIT: and for further adjustments, Asteroids is a GPU project. nVidia I believe.SETI is CPU nVidia AMD & Intel GPU, GPUGrid beta tests AMD GPU's from time to time if you feel like updating it as well as tests/runs cpu work from time to time, Collatz also has Intel GPU. I didn't know if you also wanted a category in there for others like ARM, virtualbox, etc... But that might make your sheet more cluttered if you do.

Asteroids is CPU and GPU (Nvidia),

Added Team Rank Summary with Behind Pts...

Which Projects have ARM and/or VM?

ARM
Asteroids
Einstein
SETI
theSkyNet POGS
GPUGrid (when they are testing)
Collatz
Enigma
CSG
WCG
YoYo

VM
Cosmology (but also still has the legacy non-VM app available too) - VM app is multi-threaded
GPUGrid (when they are testing)

Edit: you can also get that information from the All inclusive DC Project List here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1801908

Universe@home has been added. Waiting for the stats update to go through.

good job NickOfTime on the stats. However, I'm assuming hd means Intel GPU but not sure others would get the reference.

This may not last long, but.

1st%20place_zpsddv3my8i.png

I bet there will be a large push on Universe@home soon... lol

DistributedDataMining has been added. We have now dropped to 2nd place.

Thanks for the dropbox site, helped me remember to add and switch to the proper team. Finally cold enough in SoCal to run BOINC again.

DENIS@Home has given permission to add them to DC-Vault. Rusty is setting it up to be added as well.

DENIS has been added. We should start seeing the stats import results in the morning update.

With today's stats update, we are now back into the #1 spot at DC-Vault. Keep up the great work guys! :D

We are back to 2nd place. Team Norway passed us at DENIS@home. They actually moved up 2 spots. At ~35 points per spot and passing us that is equivalent to roughly 3 spots because we lost points while they gained. They are now effectively 100 points ahead of us. I'm still testing other projects and trying to also finish some old goals. So, I won't be back on DENIS for a bit. Hopefully some others will jump in heavy to help our returning brothers. :)

Due to the issues with the project DDM is being highly considered for being pulled. So, that may help our team out as it bumped us from #1 when it was added...lol.

Though I hate to say it, but Primaboinca may be at risk of being pulled since it is currently a pain to get an invite code for creating new accounts. This has been a very solid project for us and brilong amassed a very large amount of points there. I'm still waiting to hear from a project admin...

As far as points go for future progress, DENIS and Universe are currently the high earners per position. DENIS has an optimized app that was created by users but not approved officially yet. However, the admins have not said to Not use them neither. So, that is up to the user to decide. As stated in the DENIS thread, the optimized apps speed things up about 10 fold...

I'll throw my low core count systems at Denis and keep my i2p's on Universe.

Any thought to adding FIND@home to the vault. Seems to have work on a regular basis lately.

I have been testing it off and on. My concern is that other than this last large batch they were trending towards not having consistent work. I also had a few issues a time or two ago where the work units weren't real stable. However, that has been several months now. It is on my list for evaluation and may be the next along with potentially TN-Grid (Gene@home) as candidates. I will keep you posted. Meanwhile please keep me informed on your findings as it helps to get more than just a single or two opinions.

Oh...and you can also always post requests for inclusion in the public forums at DC-Vault too. The majority of the addition potentials have been posted by me and some seem to be getting the idea that I'm pulling strings. I can bring it up to the admins but some of the teams don't like multiple projects added at once. So, we may re-evaluate how we handle adding projects. Not sure yet.

Last edited:
Fwiw, I also run TN-Grid and FIND sporadically and haven't noticed any issues with either project. I always seem to get work from each project whenever I allow it and the WU's seem to run fine.

I still need to test a system with several work units for FiND because the last two times I had a lot of work units going in conjunction with other projects, the systems became very sluggish abnormally so was wondering if it had high IO issues. It could have just been coincidental but one of the reasons I want to test further.

I still need to test a system with several work units for FiND because the last two times I had a lot of work units going in conjunction with other projects, the systems became very sluggish abnormally so was wondering if it had high IO issues. It could have just been coincidental but one of the reasons I want to test further.

I will allow work from FiND on all my machines now and check for that.

To be clear - are you saying it slowed down the normal WU processing time from other projects?

No, I'm saying the system was unbearably unresponsive to normal use compared to normal. If I have the system set to run always, it can take a while to free it up to use...

and to be clear, it could just be certain work as they do change what they are researching every so often.

Though I hate to say it, but Primaboinca may be at risk of being pulled since it is currently a pain to get an invite code for creating new accounts. This has been a very solid project for us and brilong amassed a very large amount of points there. I'm still waiting to hear from a project admin...

This would suck. :mad: Who do I need to contact at Primaboinca to grease the skids a little and make sure they don't get pulled from DC-Vault?

Back