DC Vault 2

It looks like we over took DPC in the Bio/Medical category and are now in 9th place there. Good job guys.

@NickOfTime, would you mind updating the above OGR-28 sheet? I'd like to see how many days until we take over spot 21. Looks like tonight we'll take spot 22.

Thanks.

ok updated.
Not very long :),

We are up to 19th place at OGR now and have 3 more spots that will be easily obtained. Then there is maybe a months time before we take the next spot depending on resources are managed. Great work guys!

OGR Projection
Team MorphOS 2d
Team Hungary STB+ 7d
Czech D.NET Team 43d
Ars Technica Team Beef Roast 63d
TeamNorway 72d

Today is the day that Constellation should be pulled. Knowing Rusty, it will probably be a slow going or be forgotten until reminded. So, if you see a massive amount of points changing, that is all it is.

I issued a team challenge through BOINCStats for the Citizen Science Grid. This is a challenge to stress test whether they can handle the burden of heavier load. Please push this project hard during this challenge so that we can do our best to assess. Thanks in advance. 6/1-6/8

Last edited:
I have also notified Rusty of our team name changes for SETI and LHC

Don't worry about our stats drop today. Rusty is working on getting the team name switched and it should work itself out.

LHC Six Track have been re-added to the DC-Vault and stats are still lining up. This is why our position has dropped as it has. Once points are all settled we should return to our rightful place.

LHC Six Track have been re-added to the DC-Vault and stats are still lining up. This is why our position has dropped as it has. Once points are all settled we should return to our rightful place.

They are going to need to change our team name from HardOCP to [H]ard|OCP on LHC over at the vault, since HardOCP no longer has any points. It has updated correctly because we have 0 points as HardOCP .

Yes, I have already submitted the form for team name and so it is basically waiting on Rusty.

While we've climbed a bunch of spots in OGR-28, I've noticed our SAT@Home spot has dropped by one. I'm not sure who's run that project in the past, but each spot we lose is 22 points and each spot we gain in OGR-28 is 26 points. I cannot run SAT@Home, but if others could resume work there, it would be appreciated. Happy crunching!
:)

Maybe you can put your system(s) in a garage and install a cheap mini-split to keep them cool. I was surprised to find out a coworker got a 1 ton mini-split / heat-pump installed in his garage and he paid around $600 for the unit plus the lineset. He installed everything himself.

I just got off of SAT because of hitting the personal goal. It will be a while before I return as I'm working on other personal goals. Currently pushing MalariaControl, LHC@home, Leiden Classical, and Constellation to 1 million points each.

We are now up to 9th place at Ogr. Looks like at this pace we are about <10 days away from 8th. Then we will be stagnant for a bit as the next team above us is out producing us. So, once we hit 8th, it will probably be 3 months or so at current production to get to 7th.

I changed our team name at Einstein tonight and have already submitted the team name update at DC-Vault.

Edit: and updated within a few minutes...lol Hopefully we don't see any major stats issues.

We took 8th place in OGR. It will be a while before we can take 7th...

Looks like we lost another spot at Asteroids@home. Hopefully CSG gets added soon. I've not heard a time frame from Rusty yet.

He didn't give a date, but Rusty said he has added CSG to the collection. So we should start seeing some position shifting in the ranks soon with different teams.

We lost another position at Asteroids. Rusty also tried adding CSG but we are still watching to see if the Vault picks it up as planned. Crossing fingers.

We just moved to 6th place at GIMPS. Awesome job NickOfTime

Edit: Also, it appears we are less than 20 days to being overtaken by OcUK on Muon1 aka DPAD. This will be a big loss in points. Each position there is 135.14 points.

Last edited:
Yeah... I added a few cores to it again. It was being ran on the 4P and I forgot to start it back up when I fired it up for BOINC. I tend to run both clients sometimes depending on challenges... And I only give 24 cores to DPAD when I do run it. (4 DPAD clients w/ 6 cores each)

Damn... wife turned on the AC again... so had to turn the 4P back off. I got a few work units turned in, but I have to play it by ear to see how the temps go outside to start it back up. Maybe when that happens I will give it all 48 cores to make up for lost time...

Also, Rusty is trying to figure out what is up with the code to get CSG working. He is waiting for assistance from Nano again. So, it could be quick, it could be a while.

CSG has been added to the DC-Vault

It has bumped us up 4 places in the Misc. category. We are now 8th in that category

Per our typical procedure, we have posted a discussion on whether to pull Muon1 from the DC-Vault until the admin feels he needs support once again. Anyone with thoughts or concerns on the matter should post in the DC-Vault forums. As always, if you have trouble setting up an account as I did, let me know and I will put you in touch with Rusty to straighten it out.

http://www.team-ninja.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57359

We moved up to 6th place at OGR-28 which got us around 26 points in the Vault. I'm going to be moving some of my OGR-28 systems to F@H but hope to keep other teams at bay for a while.

Discussion of Atlas@home being discussed here http://www.team-ninja.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57256

I've not ironed out the issues I had with the project and have had little time to go back and look into it. If anyone else has input, please post in that thread. For those unfamiliar with the project, it is one of the 4 projects by LHC and yes requires the use of Virtualbox.

Rusty said that Muon1 would be removed from DC-Vault at the end of October.

Back