DC Vault 2

Keep in touch on the forums and best of luck to you.

Has anyone tried running SZTAKI on Ubuntu? (specifically 10.10) I can't seem to get the work units to complete without getting a computational error. Anyone else have this problem?

It looks like this week is going to be cooler on the weather front so I am going to start ramping up some production again and hopefully join you guys on SZTAKI on my Windows machine barring any problems otherwise I will keep on pounding ABC.

I'm running the Windows client and no problems here.

I will be shutting down my rig soon. I am moving back to the east coast. (Currently in SJ). Sadly when I return I will not have the income I have now and need to cut back. I will still be on the forums though.
We know its only a matter of time before you'll be back strong as ever. Are you all finished up with your schooling Eric?

Couple of milestones worth mentioning:
1. We passed 310K Vault points today. Obviously out highest ever. Great works everyone. It took a little over two years to get this far but the journey has been fun!
2. Congrats to DooKey for jumping into 2nd place overall in BOINC points with 180+ million points! That and at the current pace #1 will be in danger soon! Keep crunching [H]ard!

Congrats on gaining the # 2 spot DooKey :cool:

Has anyone tried running SZTAKI on Ubuntu? (specifically 10.10) I can't seem to get the work units to complete without getting a computational error. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm running SZTAKI on Ubuntu 11.04 and 12.04 without error. I believe a recently decommissioned rig was running 10.10 (kernel 2.6.35-30-generic-ck)/boinc 6.10.58 also without problems.

I'm not at all sure if it would help but if you're running the 64 bit version have you added <alt_platform>i686-pc-linux-gnu</alt_platform> to the cc_config.xml file?

Thanks phoenicis. I forgot I had to add this line to ubuntu:

Code:
sudo apt-get install ia32-libs libstdc++6 freeglut3

Congrats to Mr.Pernod on hitting 100M BOINC points. Quite an accomplishment!

I was noticing that there are a few projects that use a slightly different team name. There are a few members I see active on our team in some projects but active in the other team on others. Has anyone got ahold of those members to make sure it wasn't in error?

I was noticing that there are a few projects that use a slightly different team name. There are a few members I see active on our team in some projects but active in the other team on others. Has anyone got ahold of those members to make sure it wasn't in error?

I think our 'official' team name varies by project (with and without the [ ] |). Do you see an active member other than the team official team name for each project listed here?

Hope you all do not mind, I am kind of playing around in your Poem garden this weekend :D, although I have no Idea if I have things set up right or not according to Poem@Home my user total is 500,000 since I started but so far around 400,000 is showing up in DC stats http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=poe&team=825 which is probably normal update lag.

Any way is this something I need to do if so what does it do.
Code:
Any tips on optimising this is more than welcome. :)

Hope you all do not mind, I am kind of playing around in your Poem garden this weekend :D, although I have no Idea if I have things set up right or not according to Poem@Home my user total is 500,000 since I started but so far around 400,000 is showing up in DC stats http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=poe&team=825 which is probably normal update lag.

Any way is this something I need to do if so what does it do.
Code:
Any tips on optimising this is more than welcome. :)

Welcome aboard sir. POEM is a great project and similar to F@H (at least as much as I can tell :)) and we are happy to have you aboard! POEM@home has both CPU and GPU (Nvidia and ATI) clients. From the look of your user page it looks like you are mainly using a "few" CPU clients. :D To my knowledge there is not much optimization to be done with these CPU work units. I guess the only thing that I could suggest is maybe getting the newest BOINC client from the BOINC website but this probably wont change performance much.

The code you pasted above probably doesn't need to be run if your POEM work units are running. I am not a Linux guru but I think these packages are usually already included in most distros. You can check if you have these products installed by using the -s flag in that command. If they are already installed you should see a message stating "_____ is already the newest version".

Code:
sudo apt-get -s install ia32-libs libstdc++6 freeglut3

Let us know if we can help!

Welcome Grandpa. Glad to have you on board.

Anyone got suggestions for a September push? I was going to keep on Sztaki for now because it looks like we can move another ten spots or so. My other thought was to head back to Muon1 or SoB for another big push to hopefully grab another spot. Any thoughts?

I agree, Sztaki is ripe for the taking. We could move up to within the top 20 easily if we go another month.

I am going to do all I can to help [H] pass EVGA in folding@home for a while. I hope some of you can join me regardless of PPD, everything helps. Please post in this thread if you can help out.

I am going to do all I can to help [H] pass EVGA in folding@home for a while. I hope some of you can join me regardless of PPD, everything helps. Please post in this thread if you can help out.

And I know at least 1 person who will pay great dividends on points received from the DC team once the folding team gets the #1 spot back. :D

Thanks for chipping in with the crunching Grandpa.

I'll do what I can to help with multi-proc rigs for September. Let's catch 'em!!!

I'll throw my Gulftown and SB-E hexes on some SMP as soon as they finish the current Sztaki wu.

Thanks for chipping in with the crunching Grandpa.

Let's catch 'em!!!

x2 - I know a lot of folders stop down to our corner of the DC Universe and help out often especially during the WCG Christmas Challange so Im sure the Vaulters will be happy to give some extra PPD during Sept.

I will be backpacking most of next week so my machines will be off during that time but when I get back I'll move my Nvidia card over. I assume even though that MP rigs are all the F@H rage these days that Nvidia cards can still produce decently?

OProject seems to have their NCI project running but it seems to run out of work often. The NCI project has to do with artificial intelligence. I don't know a lot about it yet, but this is one more project that can run alongside the CPU intensive work units.

AgrFan, I voted for you almost as soon as the poll went live. Commandos are always under appreciated as the war with EVGA for the top FAH spot rages on. However, it'd be great to see more Commandos recognized. Crunch on brother!

AgrFan, I voted for you almost as soon as the poll went live. Commandos are always under appreciated as the war with EVGA for the top FAH spot rages on. However, it'd be great to see more Commandos recognized. Crunch on brother!

Hey all,
Changed my name to CAP_USAF so I could use same name for WCG as for FAH. Had to answer the call to arms and help out with FAH, that cut into my meager WCG production so I bought a couple old dual cpu mobo's and 4 six core opteron 1.8ghz cpu's, I will upgrade some day I hope to faster cpu's.

Both WCG & FAH are great things to be involved in. Glad to be here doing my little part to hopefully help out ppl down the road live a better life.

So thats it, just wanted to say hi, have a great day all.

Welcome BLACK@BLUE! Thanks for joining the [H]ard|OCP WCG team. Don't think we haven't noticed your production. ;) The WCG team is doing quite well. Usually these months are some of our lowest producing months, but we really havent had much of a "summer slump" this year. Im looking forward to this years Christmas Challenge!

I've been meaning to fire up my Nvidia card to help the F@H group out in their push to take back #1. I'll try to get it setup this weekend.

I.m glad to be here with such a great bunch of ppl, I checked the forum for a bit before joining and was pretty pleased with what I saw, so you ppl lured me in so to speak

I am now in the top 10 for points at OProject and in top 5 for RAC. The team is currently 16 of 80 for points.

Last edited:
I'm just crunching the ALX app because it is supposed to be an NCI. So far, it hasn't interrupted my other work from what I can tell. I have noticed it doesn't quite work exactly how NCI's are supposed to, but it is getting much better. Once I finish my run time goals at WCG I will start working more on other BOINC projects again.

Razor_FX_II, you just happen to be on OProjects front page as user of the day.

I think I can speak for all of the Commandos when I congratulate DooKey on taking the #1 spot in total BOINC points with over 240M points! tr0ach has held this position for quite some time and also deserves a pat on the back but DooKey has been churning out better than 1M PPD for quite some time now. Well done sir! We are glad to be crunching with you!
Cheers!

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userteamcomb&team=[H]ard|OCP

I think I can speak for all of the Commandos when I congratulate DooKey on taking the #1 spot in total BOINC points with over 240M points! tr0ach has held this position for quite some time and also deserves a pat on the back but DooKey has been churning out better than 1M PPD for quite some time now. Well done sir! We are glad to be crunching with you!
Cheers!
Absolutely phenomenal !
Gives me inspiration to do more.:)

I am now number 2 for points at OProject and 1st in RAC.Our team is 9th for points and 4th in RAC.

My production going to drop for a couple of days. My internet is down so no work units for me. You guys need to pick up my slack.

Edit: Internet back up today! Woot.

Last edited:
Back