DC emulator

sabrewolf732

Supreme [H]ardness
Not sure if we're allowed to talk about this here, if not mod delete. However I own all the games I want to play. Just wondering if there is a DC emulator where I can put in the DC game in the optical drive and just play. Yes? No? Would really like it as I miss my DC alot and it broke a while ago :(

I don't think there is any Emulators that work the way you describe. So your only fully legal way to play the games is to buy a used console. I have seen places that still have plenty of them for sale but I never checked the price.

I got one for sale, real cheap. PM me if interested. ;)

^^^ yeah, a DC GD-ROM is not a CD-ROM. You need a console to play it.

http://www.chanka.org/

they prefer you make an image of your game and then play from that

you also need the Dreamcast's BIOS which you can acquire from a dreamcast system through a special cord or you can download them illegally.

There is an emulator, but I haven't seen screenshots from any graphically complicated games, so I assume it's functionality is limited and I don't think it has made much progress in a while.

chankast is the only emulator out there.
with a pretty amazong emulation of video, it does poorly on sound.

Some games work almosr 100% video+sound

some have sound problems

some play kinda slow

its much easier to download the games you own than transfer them
since u need a working DC, or to heavily mod a dvd drive
and it is legal to download the game you already own, plus DreamCast is abandonware

If you want to try out some titles on your PC, and se the graphics, then try chankast

But, honestly, get one on fleeBay, they are under $30, plus you can pickup a DC-VGA adapter for under $20, so you can have your DreamCast hooked up to your Crisp monitor :D

thanks kohan and everyone else :D I would buy another one, but they're not known to be the most reliable, mine went out, and so did two of my buddies.

Tiny said:
so buy another one.

Really helpful there.

If you still have your DC around I'd look into calibrating the drive, it added a few more years of life to mine and made some previously unreadable discs readable. Maybe find a friend with one who thinks it doesn't work and re-cal it, most likely that's all it needs.

-wil

Just pick up a DC from eBay. Last time I checked they were really cheap. I don't think there are any working DC emulators anyway. I know there are none that can be used on my Xbox.

Diablo2K said:
I don't think there is any Emulators that work the way you describe. So your only fully legal way to play the games is to buy a used console. I have seen places that still have plenty of them for sale but I never checked the price.

PCengine works with TurboDuo games in your CD drive. Really cool :)

But I still perfer my actual Duo.

Yeah, get a used one. Cankcast had an amazing initial release but not much has come of it since.

Maybe you and your buddies have just had bad luck with your DCs? Myself and 2 of my friends still have first run Japan release systems working fine. And all 3 of them have seen a TON of use.

Back