DC-AC Inverters

Wipeout

Limp Gawd
Hi guys. Got a question for the electrically inclined here in the [H]ard Forum. I've got a power inverter for my car (that plugs into the lighter socket) that outputs 115VAC. Does that sound like it'd power a T20 notebook and Maxtor OneTouch USB hard disk? I'm thinking it would work, as the laptop doesn't have much of a draw.

Thought I'd ask some smarter folks than me - don't want to fry anything, after all!

---
Wipeout

ive done this before, i was running a televisoin, a laptop, a ps2, and a gamecube off of one of thoes things(long ASS road trip.. ugh) anyway, the thing got hot as fuck, but it worked, so i think a hdd and a laptop would be fine... just be careful with that hdd in a car...

Yeah, just thought about that (vibrations and whatnot in a car). I'm the only one in the car, passenger seat should be okay...right? :)

---
Wipeout

put it in a nice, padded case in case you have to slam on the brakes... use the seat belt.. lol :)

How much power can the inverter put out(continuously)? Pretty much anything over 150 watts should work for just a laptop and hard drive.

jpmkm said:
How much power can the inverter put out(continuously)? Pretty much anything over 150 watts should work for just a laptop and hard drive.

Enlighten me: where will it tell me the continuous output? Not sure if I know where it might be printed.

---
Darren

Wipeout said:
Enlighten me: where will it tell me the continuous output? Not sure if I know where it might be printed.

---
Darren
Is there anything printed on the inverter? Even just a model number would help so we could look up the specs for it.

It's a Linksys Power2Go, model L03040. From what my Google search pulled up...it looks like it'll do the trick. Now to figure out exactly how I'm getting that USB 2 hard drive in there...

Back