dbcc.exe system error: * 402 2 incmenu

jcg624

Limp Gawd
At my work there is a department where they use an ancient program called
DBCC.exe. The are 5 people in the department. They all have HP windows xp
desktops. The DBCC program runs fine on there computers. A month ago
a new person was hired. The company ordered a new computer for him. The computer
is an IBM Lenovo Thinkcentre M81 with windows 7 installed. The dbcc.exe does not work
on his computer. Recently we were able to downgrade the computer to windows xp. I still
could not get the program to work. The dbcc starts but we get an error after putting in his
identification # and password on either xp or win 7, same error.

I was able to get him another HP computer exactly like the others in the office. He is now able to login just fine and has no problems at all.

my boss is no help either, he just tells me the program is older than dirt.

Master program - error handler

system error: * 402 2 incmenu

press the enter key to continue

Try imaging one of the working machines onto the new hardware, and see if you get different results from DBCC.exe.

Also, start researching who the vendor is/was for "dbcc". See if they are still around; if so, look through their online docs and then contact them.

not possible to take image from computers it is working on and transfer that to the new computer. The HP computers are 4 years old the IBM is less than 6 months.

not possible to take image from computers it is working on and transfer that to the new computer. The HP computers are 4 years old the IBM is less than 6 months.
Quite the contrary. A decent imaging application, such as Acronis, can do it. Just do so during off-hours.

I know how to make the image. I will not take an image from 4 year old hardware and put it onto a computer less than 6 months old.

I know how to make the image. I will not take an image from 4 year old hardware and put it onto a computer less than 6 months old.

DB/C Release 9.1
May, 1997
Wills & Company

There's no reason not to investigate the feasibility. Patches/updates can always be applied, should you choose to run with this deployment method. And it's entirely possible that this could be your only option, given the software version and age -- 15 years could well be past the maintenance or knowledge for the current staff at "Wills & Company", if they still exist.

Good luck with your analysis. Should you get a resolution, please post for others to benefit from.

Thanks.

I have a laptop that has Windows 7 64 bit on it. The dbcc software works fine on it.

The laptop and the desktops are both made by hp works great on those.

The computer it does not work on is made by IBM. Lenovo thinkcentre M81.

Back