Dawn of War II random crashes...

mikecoscia

Limp Gawd
So how many people are having this issue. The game runs great on Ultra settings for me, but keep getting random crashes. Could be during a mission, at the menu screen, or video playback. The problem is supposed to be more on Vista 32 bit end, I'm running 64 with 12GB of memory, not sure how I could be running out.

Anyway just want to see if anyone else with similar hardware as mine is having issues. Full hardware list is in sig.

Known issue. Its seems to affect mainly Vista 32 bit users, but several 64 bit users with 4GB+ of ram are having issues. There is a log file that indicates the game thinking your system is running XP with 1GB of ram.

Relic has been vocal about saying they have fixed the issue with a patch, and it has been submitted to Microsoft who is going through the approval process now. Hang in there.

edit. Yes I get it, Vista x86, quad core 4GB.

Glad to here thanks for replying! I'm not gonna even bother playing till its out then, major pain to keep restarting missions.

Do devs not test things like this before releasing? If it's a fairly known bug you'd think the game would crash for them.

Do devs not test things like this before releasing? If it's a fairly known bug you'd think the game would crash for them.

My thoughts exactly. But in defense of developers, its more likely the publisher is rushing the game out the door to meet deadlines. This bug was known in the beta, but still has not been fixed. The game had a release date set, and it was not fixed before that. :(

My thoughts exactly. But in defense of developers, its more likely the publisher is rushing the game out the door to meet deadlines. This bug was known in the beta, but still has not been fixed. The game had a release date set, and it was not fixed before that. :(

Yah and they wonder why the PC gaming is a dying market.

Didn't they end up releasing early because the street date got broken?

Also I am having the same constant crashes.

Edit: Running Vista 32bit

Following more advice I have everything where I want it (video settings) but turned Shadows and Texture Detail to medium and my crashes have stopped happen as frequently.

I was having CTD issues every second-to-third mission. I downloaded the new catalyst drivers and I haven't had a crash since.

I also had those random crashes (once every 2-3 hours only) with ATI 9.1 drivers, but since I installed the 9.2, it's rock stable for me. I've played on ''Ultra'' settings for a good 10 hours now with the 9.2 drivers in a row without a single crash. :)

Vista 64, 6 Gb of RAM.

Just saw the 9.2 were posted, downloaded and installed this morning. Haven't had a chance to play yet. Will give it a try when I get home, hopefully it works without a hitch. Also heard 9.2 fixed the black screen of death, coming out of standby for some x58 users.

Back