• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Daughter Peed on Headset-Need help

Actually, you can make a "decent" set of 5.1 headphones =) take a good set of headphones, make them slightly larger, add "small" rears and small fronts, and with some good emulation you can simulate 5.1

Except of course that doing this will probably wreck the acoustics. There's more to it than just what model and size of drivers you use.

Also as the ATHs are bloody huge to start with, the result would be rather...um...

huge-headphones.jpg
 
Except of course that doing this will probably wreck the acoustics. There's more to it than just what model and size of drivers you use.

Also as the ATHs are bloody huge to start with, the result would be rather...um...

huge-headphones.jpg

Lol. Yeah, headphone designs aren't just about sticking in the biggest and baddest drivers into a small area being held together by a headband. It's about all the components working together to produce the best sound via soundstage and instrument separation.

For example, you can't just stick speaker drivers into a box and think it will all work just fine. You have to think of cabinet volume, driver specs, crossover specs (the hardest part), stuffing, porting/sealed, driver array, etc.
 
Except of course that doing this will probably wreck the acoustics. There's more to it than just what model and size of drivers you use.

Also as the ATHs are bloody huge to start with, the result would be rather...um...

huge-headphones.jpg

Ok, well then some redesigning would be in order =p but I'm sure it can be done. I Don't see why not. these "5.1" head sets are fairly large

the pic rocks :D
 
Ok, well then some redesigning would be in order =p but I'm sure it can be done. I Don't see why not. these "5.1" head sets are fairly large

the pic rocks :D


thanks for helping to show it to us again 3 times in a row... :p
 
poor excuse! for "5.1" usually you can give up bit of quality, and when listening to music, you don't need to use the extra speakers and should be fine ?

Okay, now here you might have a good idea. Multimodal devices might be worth pursuing. But you still need to sell us on the idea that multiple-source headphones can significantly exceed the positioning capabilities of traditional headphones - which I am a long way from buying.

Also, physics is always an awesome reason, if not the best reason ever. Especially when there's an awesome demonstration attached.


Exactly.
 
I dont get it..
I have googled my ass off, and I know I am not getting true surround with my Turtle Beach.
But after owning my 5.1 gaming turtle beach headsets, I have nothing but love for them.
Their pretty fucking accurate. NO their not ever going to come close to my REAL 5.1 surround speakers.
But again, their pretty fucking close.
I had the 2.0 stero beach before these. As great as the audio was, I didn't like them. And I will never go back.

So what am I missing? hm
 
I loved my HPA2's as well. I understand people's complaints that the sound just wasn't as sharp... there's something missing. But the bass was outstanding for the 'little' 'cheap' speakers. Directional cues were mixed... But watching movies was always great, music... not so much. Again, I just wanted to share my story and get suggestions.
This doesn't have to turn into another: "5.1 headphones suck" & "no they don't" thread... but I'm not complaining either. Fight on...
 
Oh and speaking of peeing on electronics... remember how I said my daughter peed on my G15 keyboard as well!? Well... it died... I took it apart (Pain in the ars btw), and it smells and looks as if my daughter is peeing coffee.... hrm... either way my G15 is dead. The only extra keyboard I have is an old M$ ergonomic PS2 keyboard... I'm going to have to talk to the wife: either my 2 year old is drinking coffee... or a 2 year old is getting blamed for dumping an adult drink on my electronics...
*Sorry* this crap is private, just thought I'd vent a bit.
 
I dont get it..
I have googled my ass off, and I know I am not getting true surround with my Turtle Beach.
But after owning my 5.1 gaming turtle beach headsets, I have nothing but love for them.
Their pretty fucking accurate. NO their not ever going to come close to my REAL 5.1 surround speakers.
But again, their pretty fucking close.
I had the 2.0 stero beach before these. As great as the audio was, I didn't like them. And I will never go back.

So what am I missing? hm

You're missing the fact that those are some terrible stereo headsets. I wouldn't like them either. If you spent that much on actual headPHONES, then we might talk.
 
Again, I just wanted to share my story and get suggestions.
This doesn't have to turn into another: "5.1 headphones suck" & "no they don't" thread... but I'm not complaining either. Fight on...

You're missing the fact that those are some terrible stereo headsets. I wouldn't like them either. If you spent that much on actual headPHONES, then we might talk.


*LOL*:D
 
WTF is a 2.0 stero beach? Anyone got a link so I can see what they are?

Anyway my roommate had the HPA2 and I told him to trash it. He got a pair of HARX700 and is happy. Heck even Icemat Siberias sounded better IMO.
 
Anyway my roommate had the HPA2 and I told him to trash it. He got a pair of HARX700 and is happy. Heck even Icemat Siberias sounded better IMO.

We used to have this list of entry-level (i.e. > $50) headphone options because it comes up a lot. We got rid of it when the HARX were discovered. They're too cheap and too good quality to really put up with less.
 
We used to have this list of entry-level (i.e. > $50) headphone options because it comes up a lot. We got rid of it when the HARX were discovered. They're too cheap and too good quality to really put up with less.

Ok, I'm sold... Just redid my order at Amazon... we'll see.
 
I'd love to update everyone on how amazing my new headset is, but now Amazon keeps denying my card. I put in the correct information and it still isn't working. I've used this card on multiple websites before and since...
I'm going to try and call them later on this evening. (haven't had 2 seconds to breath in over a week)
I'll update everyone on the HARX700's once I find a freakin' vendor to sell them to me.
 
Go to Buy.com man, they have em' for 32.99 w/free shipping, or pay about 8 bucks for 3-5 day.

http://www.buy.com/prod/jvc-ha-rx70...tereo-over-the-head/q/loc/111/206897541.html\

I got mine last friday, did the felt removal mod, burned em' in, granted it takes a steep bass V on the bass side compared to mid-treble and a tad of bass boost, they sound great, and go very loud, they're comfy and with windows sound set to 5.1 and creative set to headphones w/cmms-3d for gaming, they trump my HPA2's for location and distance of sound. Improved my CoD4 game...though I removed bass boost for gaming.

Overall I love em', but now I want more powa...not sure how I wanna do that though...options get too expensive too quickly. I could go with the $130 Auzen Forte, but I'd really like to also get the X-Fi Titanium front panel w/volume control if I knew it was amped too (I doubt it is though), or get a stereo reciever and use my current x-fi, but expensive and really all I'd use it for would be by headphones, or go with a headphone amp...which unless you pay $200 or well over isn't really worth a look from what I've heard...especially for PC use. Though I gotta say my old X-Fi does great with output, I rarely go over 30% master volume, it'd be nice to have an external volume control like I had on the TB HPA2's...I'm getting used to it. Definately glad I got the 700's, my music and games sound much, much better.
 
Thanks for the info Kursah. I looked on Buy.com but they didn't have the Zalman mic... Newegg has the HARX700's, but didn't have the mic. I figured out the credit card issue and ordered the wife a $100 amazon gift card. Should be here sometime next week... hopefully.
 
Sorry for the late update all. I just have to say that these JVC HARX700's are by far the best sounding headset I've ever owned. I only was able to burn them in for about 40 hours. Still, music is crisp, clean and with slightly weak bass. (I've heard this headset's bass gets better as you use it.) Directional ques so far have been stellar. Although, I've got to work the kinks out of the Creative X-fi software. (any suggestions would be great). Movies sound great as well. The biggest thing about this headset is the lack of white-noise. I've owned countless headsets in the past 10 years and I have to say that even Plantronics didn't have complete silence when there was no sound. (that light hiss that makes your ears ring after a bit)
I'm totally impressed with the sturdy construction of this headset. It's comfy, even after hours of gaming. It does get a little hot after an hour or two, but you'll get that with over-ear muffs.
The audio wire is thick and rugged. The input is gold-plated and rock solid(not flimsy feeling or weak-looking).
Overall, I'm blown away by this headset. At $32 w/free shipping, this is by far the cheapest headset I've ever paid for. I'm totally hooked on this headset and Creative's virtual surround technology. The two pair up perfectly.
The Zalman mic rox pretty well also. Sturdy construction here as well with an extremely long wire. The mic clips right to my headset wire- and doesn't move. The voice-pitch is perfect. (First mic I've listened to myself on and wasn't completely grossed out to hear my voice) Maybe my voice is getting sexier as time goes on... who knows.

Anyways, thanks for all the help and suggestions. I've gotten the better of the price-to-performance game for quite a while (save for the Zalman 9900LED CPU cooler) thanks to the big [H].

Thanks again all!
 
I just wanted to remind you that a headset is actually a headphone with a mic attached. The JVC headphone is... a headphone. Lol.
 
sounds like your wife needs to get peed on so she will put the kids back in diapers. diapers are a great way to potty train kids, they hate them and will do anything to get out of them- even if its peeing in a toilet.
 
Sry... Headphones. :)
This is our 3rd kid btw... I thought it was an old hat. Turns out personalities sometime over-rule simplicity.
 
sounds like your wife needs to get peed on so she will put the kids back in diapers. diapers are a great way to potty train kids, they hate them and will do anything to get out of them- even if its peeing in a toilet.

She takes the diaper off... to pee on expensive electronics and newly scrubbed floors or clean rugs. She's the most innocently malicious child I've ever met. Leave her alone for literally (no exaggeration here) 30 seconds... if you call her and she's silent... she's in trouble somewhere.
Found her yesterday using a permanent marker to draw squiggles on her skin, the frig and the linoleum floor.

Back to the Harx-700... still love em! Thanks again all!
 
Back
Top