• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Daughter new Laptop

lehmann

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
1,362
Bought her a new laptop for christmas, had it a few days before christmas soo might as well fold till i had to wrap it. ASUS k53e-bd4td, i5-2430M,, 2.4ghz turbo to 3ghz. it went to 2.8 folding. not a huge power machine by any standard but it managed just over 5000 ppd. i still thought it was pretty damm impressive.
 
Last edited:
For as low powered as that system was.... I think it did quite well.
 
Yeah, thats about what my 2.4Ghz phenom 9600 put out in linux! That was at 155W @ the wall too.
 
I'd fold with my lappy, but I'm scared of how hot it would get... laptop cooling solutions aren't made for 100% utilization for extended periods of time.

5k ppd is pretty tasty though... might have to look into this.
 
Temps where 70C in 70f room. the asus laptop is all aluminum which im gonna guess helps.
 
Temps where 70C in 70f room. the asus laptop is all aluminum which im gonna guess helps.

I'm getting 5k ppd with this i5-2520 right now on Windows. Turbo works up to 3.2GHz, but only does 2.9-3GHz while folding. Have two 120mm fans set up on the laptop right now and it's peaking around 90C... too toasty IMO. Ultraportable notebooks aren't made for folding, heh. I'll let it finish this WU, around 6.5minutes a frame, and call it quits with this laptop.

cheers
 
I folded on a phenom II duel core laptop a couple years ago and warped the plastic above the keyboard
 
I'm getting 5k ppd with this i5-2520 right now on Windows. Turbo works up to 3.2GHz, but only does 2.9-3GHz while folding. Have two 120mm fans set up on the laptop right now and it's peaking around 90C... too toasty IMO. Ultraportable notebooks aren't made for folding, heh. I'll let it finish this WU, around 6.5minutes a frame, and call it quits with this laptop.

cheers

Set it up with WCG and limit the cores to 60%...

That will keep the temps down and help out another one of our teams. ;)
 
Back
Top