Date Site Users Regularly Scammed

HardOCP News

[H] News
Scammers are using dating sites to take advantage of people? Who knew? Remember back in the old days when you had to meet your date face to face before you were scammed, robbed or beaten. Ahhh, those were the days. ;)

Research showed that 48% of those questioned in the UK, France and Germany for the survey had received spam and scam messages from others on dating services. Around 32% had received requests for cash from the people they got talking to and 28% had been catfished - ie tricked by someone who had assumed a fake identity by stealing images or videos. About 32% had been threatened with the release of compromising images they had shared and 11% had seen this content put online without their consent.

I guess I'm not seeing how dating sites are any different from in-person dating.

Heck, getting scammed online might be cheaper than taking a girl out to a nice restaurant.

I met a girl and on our first 'date' she told me she used to have a drug problem but has since been clean. I didn't judge, seemed really nice and super cute. Later on she talks about her drug problem was more accurately an addiction to meth and she and her bf ran a lab in her basement but has stopped and it's been 4 months of clean.

So glad to be done with that dating crap, My advice: you find a good one, you latch onto that shit like a leech because the gene pool is getting muddy, you don't want to keep fishing in there. lol.

Sending compromising images to someone you are messaging on a dating site?
Sending money to someone you are messaging on a dating site?

Stupid is as stupid does....

I actually meet my wife through a dating site, although it was 18 years ago, before there were so many scammers on the internet.
We emailed, eventually talked on the phone, and finally met in a public place. We saw a movie and grabbed something to eat at the food court next to the theater.
Simple, safe, and not very expansive back then :)

Wait ... So all my matches on NigerianPrincesOnly.com are not legitimate?

Son of a bit ....

Seems all I get from girls on these stupid apps are "sign up at website X with your credit card to verify your age before I can date you" blah blah blah..never been stupid enough to see what happens (probably drain your account.)

Seems all I get from girls on these stupid apps are "sign up at website X with your credit card to verify your age before I can date you" blah blah blah..never been stupid enough to see what happens (probably drain your account.)

Yeah. The dating apps/sites are more reactive in policing it then proactive. They could have a form of message intelligence that flags people who send messages that seem like spam, but they don't. Because the guy to girl ratio is often already bad, it's in their interest to not actively remove them, especially since the scammers make up a good amount of the overly attractive people.

I guess I'm not seeing how dating sites are any different from in-person dating.

Heck, getting scammed online might be cheaper than taking a girl out to a nice restaurant.

I fail to see how someone actually dining with you in a restaurant could be interpreted as a scam.

I fail to see how someone actually dining with you in a restaurant could be interpreted as a scam.

How did you get that from his comment? That said you obviously don't keep up a lot with how some online dating sites work. They pay woman to go out on a date or two with men as a scam to get them to keep paying for for their service. So yes that is possible. However the comment was that it was cheat to be scammed, not that it was a scam.

Finally. Dating sites that can actually guarantee that you'll get fucked.

Back