Fistandantilis
Gawd
- Joined
- Nov 22, 2004
- Messages
- 822
OK so I am trying to creat this database for the plant manager for the company that I work for, this is totally being done on my personal time and I am not being paid for it, I am just trying to be helpful. no here is my proble, I am makeing the dtabase to reflect employees production, here is a basic rundown of things,
each employee has many production dates, each production date has many production periods.
for instance, at 7:00am I get into work and from 7:00am to 9:30am I work on one machine, then I goto break. at 9:45pm to lunch I work on another machine, and so on and so forth for the day.
I want to be able to track my production from work period to work period for different products on a daily basis for many employees, this is what I have for tables:
(Primary keys are in bold)
EMPLOYEES
Emp_Num, Emp_F_Name, EMP_L_Name.
PRODUCTION DATES
Production Date, Emp_Num.
PERIODS
Production Date, Period, Machine, Position, Product, Time on Machine, Parts Per Minute.
How can I make this work? does anyone have the insight that I am so desperatly seeking?
Thanks
Jawsh
each employee has many production dates, each production date has many production periods.
for instance, at 7:00am I get into work and from 7:00am to 9:30am I work on one machine, then I goto break. at 9:45pm to lunch I work on another machine, and so on and so forth for the day.
I want to be able to track my production from work period to work period for different products on a daily basis for many employees, this is what I have for tables:
(Primary keys are in bold)
EMPLOYEES
Emp_Num, Emp_F_Name, EMP_L_Name.
PRODUCTION DATES
Production Date, Emp_Num.
PERIODS
Production Date, Period, Machine, Position, Product, Time on Machine, Parts Per Minute.
How can I make this work? does anyone have the insight that I am so desperatly seeking?
Thanks
Jawsh