Data verification tools?

rgbyhkr

n00b
Ok, I probably should have looked into this before I did the copy, but I can do it over if need be. I have a large amount of data (~60GB across 1000s of files) that I copied from one external drive to another. At some point, I will be retasking the source drive thus making the original files unavailable.

I've checked a variety of the destination files and they all seem to be ok. However, I'd hate to find out later after the source data is gone that some files are corrupt, etc. Are there any tools that will allow you to compare data after a transfer has been done? Or, is this only feasible at the time of transfer? Any recommended tools out there?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

http://www.slavasoft.com/fsum/ (freeware)

Possibility to calculate a file message digest and/or a checksum using any of the 12 well-known and documented hash and checksum algorithms: MD2, MD4, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2( 256, 384, 512), RIPEMD-160, PANAMA, TIGER, ADLER32, CRC32;

Support of a custom hash algorithm (MD4-based) used in eDonkey and eMule applications;

Possibility to act recursively. FSUM can operate not only on files from a specific directory, but also on files from all subdirectories of the specified directory;

Work with large size files. (Tested on file sizes of up to 15 GB);

Full compatibility with md5sum utility;

Full .MD5 and .SFV file formats support;

Automatic recognition of checksum file format (.MD5 or .SFV) while checking;

Generates/verifies hashes/checksums for files of any type: music, audio, sound, video, image, icon, text, compression, etc., with the extensions: .mp3, .wav, .avi, .mpg, .midi, .mov, .dvd, .ram, .zip, .rar, .ico, .gif, .pif, .pic, .tif, .tiff, .txt, .doc, .pdf, .wps, .dat, .dll, .hex, .bin, .iso, .cpp, .dss, .par, .pps, .cue, .ram, .md5, .sfv, etc.

Back