Data Recovery

CBR

I Show Old Ladies My Dick Wrappers
I screwed up again. Yesterday I finally got all the parts needed to build my A64 rig, so I was quite happy. In my haste to upgrade, I forgot to back up all the necessary files.

I forgot to backup my moms email from OE, and my Firefox bookmarks, which I desperately need back. I have no idea what the hell to do to get them back. I re-installed XP Pro over the same partition, with the format, for a fresh install on the new hardware. What do I do to get them back?

The reading I've been doing into data recovery is going in one eye and out the other. Please help. :(

CBR said:
I screwed up again. Yesterday I finally got all the parts needed to build my A64 rig, so I was quite happy. In my haste to upgrade, I forgot to back up all the necessary files.

I forgot to backup my moms email from OE, and my Firefox bookmarks, which I desperately need back. I have no idea what the hell to do to get them back. I re-installed XP Pro over the same partition, with the format, for a fresh install on the new hardware. What do I do to get them back?

The reading I've been doing into data recovery is going in one eye and out the other. Please help. :(

OK, so its like this. When you delete data, its stays on your disk but is marked as deleted in the boot record. However, if data was written over it, its screwed. So, if you formatted, THEN installed, you could have lost alot of crucial stuff. But if you just reformatted or your drive screwed its MBR, you could get a bunch of stuff back.

Yes, I know. I've got a good feeling I've lost it, but just want to make sure theres really nothing I can do to get it back.

Back