• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Data Recovery Tools?

Ethereal

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
225
Ok, so I have a question. I had two drives (both Maxtor 160 GB) hooked up in Raid 0, and for some reason started getting a "Failure reading disk, press ctrl-alt-del", or some similar error the other day. Put in the windows Cd to reinstall and once we got to examining the disk, it sat there for over 45 mins. This is usually a much quicker task since I reinstalled windows the other day and it took a total of about 30 mins. So I knew something was up. I did some troubled shooting and in the end, deleted the raid array, recreated it and started to write zeros to the drive. I got to about 3% when my G/F calls and says she needs some files on the drive. Is there any software that will recover files from these drives? I've check some Data recovery places that specialize in business environments and they can do it, but it will cost on average $1500-$2000. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance all. :)
 
Back
Top