Data Recovery Questions

Megglers

Weaksauce
I was cleaning the computer shelf in my closet and ended up with a stack of hard drives. Thought it would be nice to go through and format them all. I ended up repartitioning and formatting my wife's old MacBook Pro hard drive with my Windows 10 desktop. So is there any data recovery software that would help with that or will I need to send this off to be professionally recovered? Which brings me to question #2 does anybody have any sugestions of a reasonably priced data recovery company that is trustworthy?

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Before you do anything, make an image copy of your drive and ONLY work on the copy so you can always send the unmodified version in for professional recovery lest you screw it up even more. If you opt for pro recovery, I recommend Drivesavers. If you plan on trying recovery yourself, Easeus has a good free Mac app for recovery. Lastly, this is a good time to make sure all your machines have current backups or just such an occasion!

Thanks for the advice. Data recovery is stupidly expensive. I'm attempting to recover with Easeus. It appears to see everything fine. So hopefully once the scan is complete I'll be able to recover the files. My computer backups to my NAS. My wife never got connected to the NAS reliably. After this I'm sure she will be on the back-up train! Again thanks for the help.

Mike

GetDataBack is way better than EaseUS. Was able to get full file names in original directories. EaseUS while scanning showed filenames and directories but when the scan was done everything was dumped into sections ( images, videos, etc ). So then iw ould have a location with 85000 images i would need to sort through. GetDataBack was just way easier for me. Anyway thanks for the sugestions. Next time I just wont format hard drives from in use machines! :)

Mike

Back