Data error (cyclic redundancy check) with DVD shrink

Whitebread

[H]ard|Gawd
DVD shrink keeps giving me cyclic redundance check errors when I try to rip this one Dave Chappelle DVD. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is it because of a bad DVD or do I need to try new software. And if so, what software?

If it is only with that one disk then it's because of a damaged disk. Other than cleaning it and maybe trying one of those CD/DVD Doctor things, there isn't much you can do.

If it was happening with other disks I would say that RAM and your drive are possible culprits but this seems to be a clear-cut case of a banged-up disk.

Are you using only DVD shrink to try this, & if so, who makes the DVD?
If it's a sony, you're out of luck using just DVD shrink. Even newer disks by someone else can be a problem. You'll need software to break the protection. DVD shrink alone will not do this.
DVD shrink & AnyDVD ftw.

I use DVD Decrypter to decode and rip the DVD onto my computer when I have problems with DVD Shrink. Then I use DVD shrink to compress and make and image from the files. I have yet to come across a DVD that I couldn't rip that way.

I'm using just DVD shrink. I sent for another copy of the DVD, so if I still get errors, I will try DVD decrypter and/or AnyDVD

Yeah, if you have any read problems with DVD Shrink you should try DVD Decrypter. If you want to clean the DVD then I recommend window cleaner. After that, take a white toothpaste and buff the DVD. This method works quite well.

Back