Data Corruption

gamer1drew

Weaksauce
Hi, I just built a new comp and am having some data corruption errors. Windows will install, but anytime I run a self extractor that verifies its integrity, I get crc failures. When I retry the extractor the errors occur at different points and sometimes the files will extract succesfully. I thought at first it was a bad cdrom drive because the file I was trying to install was sp1 off a windows update cd but then I tried files off a usb hard drive. I have 2 SATA drives. I have tried running the files on each with the same error. The file I am using to test is the 3dmark03 install. I know the file is good because I have installed it succesfully on different computers. Also the 2 sata drives are being picked up under the safely remove hardware icon as removably hardware like a usb hard drive but I have the drives set to performance not removable under device manager. I am using a K8N Neo Platinum Mobo. I have tried using different the other 2 sata controllers with the same problems. Any help would be great. Thanks.

After running memtest I get several errors. I am guessing this is the problem. Can anyone confirm this would cause crc failures? Thanks

Back