Data corruption, sata to sata multiple folder copy!

TorxT3D

Gawd
Alright, this is weird..
This is the setup...

- abit nf7s 2.0, latest drivers, bios, XP, non-raid setup just separated drives...
- 2 sata wd drives (new)
- 1 maxtor ide drive (old)

When i try to copy multiple folders at one time from a sata drive to another, i sfv check the copied files and they are soo corrupt! But when i copy files from sata to my ide drive they check perfect! What gives?

When i copy a single folder one at a time from sata to sata, they check fine.. Its only when i select a bunch of folders at once is when i get corruption on the other sata drive..

Ive swapped sata cables, checked my memory, drives have been checked, everything is peachy.. Something to do with bios or drivers maybe? Can someone walk me through exactly what i need to do? Thanks!!!

I also have this problem.

Have searched the net but have not yet been able to find any information as to why this is happening.

My only workaround has been to copy data off my one sata drive to my ide drive then to my other sata drive.

I know this is not a solution but at least you know you are not alone with this problem.

ahh.. so im not the only one..
and yes ive been doing just that, copying to ide, then ide to the other sata..
sheesh.. what a hassle..

Hi,

i have that same problem but only with large files. Maybe i will test for that problem with copying multiple folders, too.

I cannot copy files bigger than approx 1.5 GB. They all get corrupted.

I tested the RAM with memtest86+, tested the harddisks etc. found no problems.

My Specs:
Windows XP SP2
500 GB Seagate with one NTFS partition, 200 GB Seagate with multiple NTFS partitions
Asus A8V-E SE -> Northbridge Via K8T890, Southbridge Via VT8237R, latest chipset drivers, AMD 64, not overclocked, 1 GB Kingston RAM

Hello I also am in this same boat. Was wondering if any of you have found an answer to this. I can copy till the end of time to my IDE drives but once I copy or install anything to my only sata disk its corrupt and unable to run.

Back