Data corruption across drives?

TwistedAegis

[H]F Junkie
I built the rig in my signature below a few months back. Ever since, I've had more problems than I have ever had with error messages for data corruption.

Downloaded files to my WD Caviar blue often have to be re-d/l'ed due to this. Steam games are giving me a message that a file is corrupted and have to be repaired on my 1st Vertex 2. Starcraft 2 says there are corrupted files and runs the repair tool after nearly every exit, on my 2nd Vertex 2.

Anyone have any idea? I've never experienced anything like this before. It isn't a major issue, everything is quickly repaired, but it is annoying.

Corsair 850TX
Both the SSDs are on the SATAIII controller, AHCI mode, single partition for each drive. No RAID. I was thinking it may be a SSD issue, but then I realized I was having problems with the Caviar blue HDD as well.

I'm at work and don't have the specific error codes, but I've also been unable to install Win7 SP1 due to an error code that hints at a corrupted file as well; running the SP readiness update doesn't help either. Oddly enough trying to boot with my Win7 install disk in repair mode gives me the error, "This disk doesn't match your version of Windows."

I have my system files on a seperate Agility 2 which is running out of room; I think I'm just going to wipe it and do a clean install of Windows onto one of the Vertexes and see what happens.

I would first check the SMART on all drives. If they checkout then reduce your overclock.

Quickest and cheapest thing to check is replace the data cables, or if they are run together seperste them

Back