Das Keyboard

contitego

Limp Gawd
Looking at getting the professional one with the clicking (i like the old school clicking and the usb ports on the right side). Anyway, has anyone had any problems with them?

Right now, I have a cheap Logitech USB keyboard.

I have a das silent, no problems here.

I actually even spilled some water on it once and just let it dry out a couple of days and it still works great. :D

I just bought a Das Silent and it seems fine to me. No problems with it yet. Feels great. Also have a Razer Blackwidow which is good too, I got the Das Silent because the Blackwidow was a bit too loud for the office.

I just bought a Das Silent and it seems fine to me. No problems with it yet. Feels great. Also have a Razer Blackwidow which is good too, I got the Das Silent because the Blackwidow was a bit too loud for the office.

Thanks. I will take a trip to Micro center to see how loud the mechanical keyboards are. It's been a while since I have heard one.

Das professional here. Been using it for a few months now and I love it. The space bar, however, squeaks every once in a while when i press it with my right thumb. strange lol.

I've got a Das Keyboard Professional and I've had it for around a year. Still types just like new and I've never had any problems with it. I do have the right shift key showing signs of letter fading. In fact its barely readable. Also nearly all the key caps show a glossy sheen to them from so much use. I don't care for that, but I've seen this happen on virtually all modern keyboards. Though my Deck Ice Legend is far better at resisting this type of wear. In two years only the space bar shows any real wear on it. My Das on the other hand feels better (because I prefer Cherry MX Blues) but it hasn't held up nearly as well. I love the small foot print of it though. I've heard the newer ones don't show wear as bad as the ones like mine do. So take my warning with a grain of salt.

I've tried a lot of keyboards from the Deck Ice Legend, the Das Keyboard, and even the Razer Blackwidow. The Das Keyboard is the best to type on despite the Razer using the same type of switches. Something is different about it and it isn't as loud and the keys feel softer some how. I've not tried the Filco, Leupold or Cherry Branded keyboards though.

I filed for a student discount. I would get 20% off of my purchase, plus free ground shipping.

Bought a Das Professional Silent a week ago,like it a lot.Great for gaming and typing.

ya, student discount is 20 or 15% so if u got acces to a .edu email, discount time

I have a Das Pro, my wife has a Das Silent. Both are quite nice. Great build quality. No problems with either of them.

Due to the weight, these keyboards will pretty much be anchored to your desk. Very solid feel.

I've had my Das Professional for close to 6 months now, with the Blue switches. I love this keyboard, and have since I first bought it. Gaming is awesome with it, typing is awesome with it. The keys feel amazing, the sound is excellent. You won't be disappointed (except maybe with the price tag since it's a little pricey, but worth it in the long run imo).

I also bought the Razer BlackWidow for my wife, since it's a cheaper keyboard that also has blue switches (she loves my Das, but like I said, pricey). I can agree with whoever said something about this keyboard before, it does feel a lot different. The keys are just... softer. Not a whole lot softer but noticeably. I guess it works for her since I think she would benefit from the softer keys. But they're still clicky and tactile and neat. I just prefer my Das and recommend it to anyone who wants to not use rubber dome mushy keyboards anymore.

Das Ultimate here. I love the thing. Great keyboard with the Cherry MX Blues. I just don't use it as much after getting my Filco with Browns and Topre Realforce because it's loud at night...but man is it satisfying to type on.

I had a Das MX Blue but sold it to get a Filco MX Brown tenkeyless (which I love :)). The Das was very good, but a serious fingerprint magnet.

Das Pro silent here. Love this keyboard. Only downfall is the lack of media keys, but there are programs that can change that. I had a custom plastic mold cover created for this keyboard and it cuts down on the clicking noise and preserves the keys from normal shiny wear like Dan_D. Hey if I'm going to spend $100+ on a keyboard, might as well try to preserve it to the best that I can. The side USB ports comes in handy also. Overall, best mechanical keyboard I've ever used.

If you wanted less clicking noise you could have always bought a board that wasn't using Cherry blues. The click is there for a reason.

piano finish = no beuno for us with a fingerprint OCD problem

otherwise nice board..

I've been using a DAS keyboard 2 for something like 5 years now and I love it to death. I've never tried one of these newfanged ultimate or professional, but I'd assume they're just as good.

I absolutely hate typing on a squishy or flush keyboard (like now :X) and it is always a useful conversational piece when talking to girls^H^H^H^H other nerds.

I've had my Das Professional for close to 6 months now, with the Blue switches. I love this keyboard, and have since I first bought it. Gaming is awesome with it, typing is awesome with it. The keys feel amazing, the sound is excellent. You won't be disappointed (except maybe with the price tag since it's a little pricey, but worth it in the long run imo).

I also bought the Razer BlackWidow for my wife, since it's a cheaper keyboard that also has blue switches (she loves my Das, but like I said, pricey). I can agree with whoever said something about this keyboard before, it does feel a lot different. The keys are just... softer. Not a whole lot softer but noticeably. I guess it works for her since I think she would benefit from the softer keys. But they're still clicky and tactile and neat. I just prefer my Das and recommend it to anyone who wants to not use rubber dome mushy keyboards anymore.
razer tests and sorts their blue switches to get a different feel from them apparently. Would explain the feel thing.

I really don't like das because of their glossy surface...
they are fingerprint and dust magnet... makes it really hard to clean and
it gets dirty after only few weeks of use

I really don't like das because of their glossy surface...
they are fingerprint and dust magnet... makes it really hard to clean and
it gets dirty after only few hours of use
Fixed. ;)

The FPMF (fingerprint magnet factor) was a major turn off for me, too.

Maybe it's because I don't have too much bright light in my office but the Das Keyboard doesn't really attract that much in the way of fingerprints or dust. Then again I don't really toucht he keyboard anywhere but the keys. I get partial palm prints on it, but unless I'm really looking for them I don't see them. I clean the dust off about once a week and it looks fine. My only complaint about the Das is with the key caps. They get a glossy sheen to them after a short while.

If you don't like glossy things, then the Das isn't for you. I had mine for about a month before I sold it due to fingerprints and dust showing up on the keyboard. I picked up a Filco Ninja and couldn't be happier. I'm still getting use to the tenkeyless thing, but this Filco is amazing.

If you don't like glossy things, then the Das isn't for you. I had mine for about a month before I sold it due to fingerprints and dust showing up on the keyboard. I picked up a Filco Ninja and couldn't be happier. I'm still getting use to the tenkeyless thing, but this Filco is amazing.

It seems like the tenkeyless versions are more popular. I use my tenkey too much to go without it. Unfortunately.

Thanks. I am not into glossy. I am looking at a Adesso, and a few others.

Back