• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Darwinia

ray4389

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
1,156
It's fun. I am happy I bought it. At least it's not the complete same ole sam ole.
 
Yea it's kind of intersting, and different. I have the demo, and played some of it, but I'm interested in trying it out again.
 
It's not that hard so far, but really intresting. It seems that it will keep getting harder...but it's cool.
 
I haven't played very much of it yet either, but from what I've read, it seems like it ramps up the difficulty/complexity at a steady pace.
 
It's addicting. I gotta force myself not to play and get other stuff done.

Anybody played the Mine yet? That location is tough. Those damn spiders and egg throwing flower things really make life difficult.
 
hmm .. you guys/gals got my curiosity going .. I guess I'll snag the demo now
:)


[H]
 
Yea it's like simple and addicting. It's not hyped like I think it should. I mean it's seriously kinda sweet.
 
I baught it on release day :). It was fun, played through twice! Theres some player made mods out there by now, I expect, and I might pick them up at some point.
 
This is the best game I've played all year. I can safely say that I've never played anything quite like Darwinia before.

Most games these days are all the same with old ideas, tired gameplay and no innovation. I play them for a little bit and get sick of them. Not so with this one, I'm playing through to the end. The gameplay is just awesome. I find myself still playing a level even after I've completed all the goals. $20 well spent.
 
This is damned cool. The retro art style provides great graphics with low system use. The sprite/poly thing makes the game look good when applied in this fashion.

The gameplay was pretty different, combat works through a system of flows rather than discrete actions. Most RTSes work through flows, but the recycling system and the steady stroll of the units make it more apparent. You kill enemies, and are killed in return. This provides souls to create new units. Souls dissappear over time, but are also generated in spawn points that throw enemies at you to make more souls with. Your harvesters, gather the souls for conversion to your side back in your bases.

After conversion, you appoint individual Darwins to stand as waypoints(officers) who direct the flow of new units back into combat. At the scene of combat, Darwins fight automatically using upgrades you've acquired. You may manually fight through Squads but you can only use a few squads.

Summary: there is one inflow to the system in spawn points. One outflow in the way souls eventually float up and away. And in the middle of system is a circle of death and rebirth of units.

Your goal is to marshal your waypoint officers efficiently to shift the balance of death and rebirth in your favor.
 
This game is so ridiculously addictive... If you haven't played it, do so! Its a blast!!!!
ps - blasting the viral darwinians with a salvo of rockets is quite satisfying......
 
Back
Top