• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DarthBeavis upgrades Alienware ALX H20 system

DarthBeavis

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 24, 2006
Messages
3,403
I replaced the piece of crap Koolance system (well, I had already replaced the blocks before and put the videocards on a separate look but I still had the Koolance pump/resevoir/radiator attached to a Thermaltake CPU block via 1/4" tubing). The Thermaltake CPU block cracked so I decided to pull it all out and replace with all DangerDen stuff (3/8").

First, here is the leaky rig:
Me working on it:
Pulling out the Koolance stuff:


The cracked waterblock:

New DD parts:
Installing new CPU block:
New stuff in place (not cleaned up yet tho):

 
lozaning said:
i happen to love my exos 2

If you like it then I am glad for you. It is ok for beginning but DD and Swiftech are really a step up. I put all Thermaltake (except for DD GPU block) when I built my wife's rig. Now I would not use Thermaltake again either. 1/4" is just no enough for serious cooling. As women say 'size does matter'.
 
DarthBeavis said:
If you like it then I am glad for you. It is ok for beginning but DD and Swiftech are really a step up. I put all Thermaltake (except for DD GPU block) when I built my wife's rig. Now I would not use Thermaltake again either. 1/4" is just no enough for serious cooling. As women say 'size does matter'.

you're implying that all thermaltake stuff is 1/4"

but they have 3/8" stuff...
 
havent read it yet. but:

AWESOME. haha i love how everyone knows who and what your case is so you can just call it by name ha.
 
sativa said:
you're implying that all thermaltake stuff is 1/4"

but they have 3/8" stuff...

My hate for Thermaltake goes beyond diameter. look at the pic of the CPU block and notice the cracks. I did no appreciate the bath my 7800 GTX 512s took due to the piece of crap Thermaltake CPU block.
 
Back
Top