DarthBeavis
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Feb 24, 2006
- Messages
- 3,403
I needed a rig for the BYOC at NVision 2008 and did not want to bring the Skully again . . .so I thought I would rebuild Order 66 to celebrate the new Star Wars movie . . .
I decided to competely gut the Alienware ALX chassis and rebuild it ala the new VooDoo (IO facing up).
Here is a shot of the old Order 66 if you guys had not seen it:
First mod after replacing all the interior hardware was having a window cut:
Company who did the window used it in their ad:

At Smooth in 2006:


Case painted after:

Early upgrades:


Outside:


Another revision:

Thermaltake block cracked:

So another upgrade:


and more:

and more:

Anyways, it has been rebuilt many times . . .started out at an ALienware ALX AMD FX55 with SLI 6800 Ultras
Current stuff:
Here is is gutted out (cut out the HDD and optical bays, PSU support and mobo tray):

Next I hope to get to Danger Den to get them to make new inner panels out of UV blue arcylic. I will cut the front and back panels out leaving only a frame so I can attach the outside painted panels. I have a nice SMooth Creations painted PA 120.3 for it already and will use a Bonetrail 2 board and my old QX9650 . . .
I decided to competely gut the Alienware ALX chassis and rebuild it ala the new VooDoo (IO facing up).
Here is a shot of the old Order 66 if you guys had not seen it:
First mod after replacing all the interior hardware was having a window cut:
Company who did the window used it in their ad:

At Smooth in 2006:


Case painted after:

Early upgrades:


Outside:


Another revision:

Thermaltake block cracked:

So another upgrade:


and more:

and more:

Anyways, it has been rebuilt many times . . .started out at an ALienware ALX AMD FX55 with SLI 6800 Ultras
Current stuff:
Here is is gutted out (cut out the HDD and optical bays, PSU support and mobo tray):

Next I hope to get to Danger Den to get them to make new inner panels out of UV blue arcylic. I will cut the front and back panels out leaving only a frame so I can attach the outside painted panels. I have a nice SMooth Creations painted PA 120.3 for it already and will use a Bonetrail 2 board and my old QX9650 . . .