DarthBeavis Project: Away Team

I scoped it out every time I passed by it on my way out or in of the BYOC but never saw anyone around. It really looks great in person!!

I scoped it out every time I passed by it on my way out or in of the BYOC but never saw anyone around. It really looks great in person!!

Sorry, I was really busy with helping Nvidia get ready for presentations and such. Did you see the main Nvidia presentation at 5:30 PM on Friday that included the ION Chef mod competition and the other contests such as bug eating? I was the Commisioner on stage in the red outfit with purple cape being a silly dork.

QuakeCon went well. I will finish this build by doing two things (will be completed by PAX in three weeks):
1. Install 4 fan rad in center handle assembly (close it off with acrylic)
2. Finish custom monitor enclosures and install them
3. Make up brochures explaining it is a Starfleet Core of Engineers Concept so stop whining about how it does not look Star Trekkish dammit ;) I swear people just are so literal and can only think linearly
img023312629285.jpg

trekplaque.jpg

Last edited:
Working on monitor enclosures. Have to tap into the controllers boards to get power for fans I am adding to the enclosures. These boxes will connect to the 'antlers'.
dsc01820ndk.jpg

dsc01819a.jpg

I took the small rads out of the aluminum boxes replacing them with a single rad in the new center housing (split off the T3 dual outputs back and back using Bitspower Y connectors - don't know if there is a benefit but I thought why not)
dsc01825.jpg

dsc01824x.jpg

dsc01821h.jpg

T3 cover on:
dsc01830ajm.jpg

dsc01829k.jpg

Re-plumbed and ready to fill and leak test. Used Koolance quick disconnects so I can take the top part off for shipping/transport.
dsc01832x.jpg

dsc01833q.jpg

dsc01834wng.jpg

dsc01835t.jpg

I will also sand down that top piece so it sits flush.

I've been following your progress on your project and you have the best original mod I've seen to date. The work is so clean and I'm surprised at every update, keep up the great work! Thanks for sharing!

I hate the monitor enclosures so I am going to design something different. It will continue the green and black design element and will be more like brackets that wrap around the monitor instead of entirely enclosing it. Will look much better. here is the ghetto enclosures installed (was going to install pieces to cover up teh seams by instead time to make it look tight).
dsc02404.jpg

dsc02405rr.jpg

dsc02407a.jpg

dsc02408p.jpg

dsc02409p.jpg

I think I just threw up in my mouth because i am absolutely nauseous with jealousy!!

I'm a huge Trekkie so I can appreciate. Has a very Borg look to it with the green glows. :)

going to keep an eye on this..

Shane

P.S. SHIT!! I forgot to email you about that airbrushing.!!!

I think I just threw up in my mouth because i am absolutely nauseous with jealousy!!

I'm a huge Trekkie so I can appreciate. Has a very Borg look to it with the green glows. :)

going to keep an eye on this..

Shane

P.S. SHIT!! I forgot to email you about that airbrushing.!!!

forwarded your email to my air-brusher

Back