Darn! Windows XP.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuddenDemise

Limp Gawd
I've been tyring for the last 4HRS to re-install Windows XP Pro. But I keep getting a data error. After I go through the whole partion your drives, select partion to install Windows, copying windows setup files thing I get to the Windows setup screen. The little thing on the side of the screen says installing windwos and it proceeds to tell me 39minutes untill setup is complete. But then, a nice little data error pops up and says the following; Data Error F:\Root\XPPR\1386.asms.....Does anyone know what the hell this means. I know my CD works. I've used it to install Windows on my computer several times without flaw, as well as on some of my buddies computers....Any ideas...Please help me, I wanna be able to use my computer again.....

I tried again and read the entire Error Log. It says its due to my I/O Device. I dont mean to sound like a noob, but I really haven't heard that term before...Is that my CD Drive??? Whatever it is, anyone know how to fix it??????

yes an IO device is an input/output device which can be a cdrom/floppy drive/keyboard/monitor etc...

it probably means that your cd is broken. or that you have a loose cable.

edit: or that you have some form of memory problem. I had the same error with a friend of mine, turns out that one of their DIMM's has faulty memory.

Yea its a bad CD. You see the CD I have has every Windows OS (Except 64 Edition). From 3.1 to Windows Media Center.....Its pretty bad ass. The weird thing is, its only my XP versions that dont work any more. So I'm stuck using windows 2000 pro. I tried 2003 Enterprise, which works awesome but Nvidia's Drivers do not support windows 2003 nor does many other things since its meant to be a server OS. So untill i can get windows XP again Windows 2000 Pro is what I'm using....THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!

Its a DVD right? I have the same DVD. The dvd gives you the option too make a stand alone .iso for each of the operating systems. Try making the .iso and burning it too a cd by itself.

Yea, I so would make an ISO, but I dont have any Blank CDs and I'm broke as hell. Doesn't matter anymore just found a version of Windows XP 64 so I think that'll work better anyways....

Isn't talking about pirated software, talking about using pirated software, and admitting you are using a pirated software against the forum rules? Hmm. think it is:

(18) You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES.

If you're using a pirated copy of the software don't post here for help. That's most likely the reason your install is failing. :rolleyes:

Pirated it is, so closed it will be. (been watching entirely too much StarWars lately) :p

If this is in error, PM me with the explaination...I would like to hear it ;)

That is strike #2 for pirated software conversation and also profanity in the title is against the forum rules. Post carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back