DarkSiders II...what ya think?

good review.
very valid points that i havent seen mentioned anywhere else. i completely agree about the falling mechanic, pretty lame. the gameplay doesnt look as good as i thought, not a fan of god of war...

i was thinking of waiting till this is $15 or so. gonna stick with that decision.

Big, fun game with some RPG like features in terms of character building.

Tons of loot, too. This game encourages exploring more than part one did. Part 1 was strictly about frantic fighting almost nonstop. This still has a lot of action but it's a more even handed and well rounded approach.

Jesper Kyd's music is outstanding.

Vigil pretty much apologized to PC gamers and swear they're going to try and patch in some features ASAP.

If you liked part 1 you'll love this. If you hated part 1 then there's nothing to see here.

Fence sitters ought to wait to see what that first patch looks like and when the price feels right.

I felt this game was worse in every way than the first one. It was amazingly buggy, and froze on me at least a dozen times and I encountered a quest breaking bug that shows that they didn't really play test this game at all.

Also, whose idiotic decision was it to include random loot? Randomly generated game elements are always worse than well crafted static items. If I wanted to have to sort through piles of worthless random garbage so I could find something that was slightly better than what I already had, I would play Diablo or something. And, if you are going to include piles of random crap you need to include a larger, better inventory system. This is not an MMO and I don't want to warp back and forth between town and dungeon to sell loot because my inventory gets full every few minutes.

The possessed weapons were a neat idea but implemented so poorly and coupled with the fact that you have so little storage for weapons and armor, by the time you have a good possessed weapon to try and upgrade you have had to sell a good portion of the things you had found that could have been used to upgrade the weapons. But I guess it's easier to create a random loot generator than to have to put any effort into designing weapons and armor.

Death was also a far poorer character than War. War had a personality and style and the weapons and armor, while a smaller selection that Death, were better crafted and added to the style and feel of War. Death seems like a carbon copy of War with less effort given to any uniqueness in his style or control scheme. They couldn't even be bothered to come up with any Death specific weapons. They just outright gave War's gun to Death during the game.

It seems they took the first game's comparison to Zelda to heart and stripped so much of what made the first game great and went with a more generic gameplay style that just wasn't as good or as polished as the first. Oh, and let us not forget on disc DLC and the online pass that is required to be able access the complete game.

Just registered a day ago, only 1 post and already advertising his site. Borderline spam IMO, let's see if he actually comes back to reply and contribute

Just registered a day ago, only 1 post and already advertising his site. Borderline spam IMO, let's see if he actually comes back to reply and contribute

What I was thinking also. I hate when people come over here and try to generate page views by only posting when they have something else on their website they want you to click through to see.

What I was thinking also. I hate when people come over here and try to generate page views by only posting when they have something else on their website they want you to click through to see.

hmm, i didnt notice at first.
well this doesn't contribute to our community... let see if he comes back.

well of course I want to see what you guys thought, spam or no spam, "Vigil games" aside, my point to thread here was to share what you guys think...I'm not monetized, just looking for opinions. I'm a gamer, ur a gamer.

Looking into his site and youtube page. He is not monetized, and he came back so. I say he really wanted to know what we think. I have to agree with you HumanOC on your points, I have no urge to finish the game.

s6q88z.jpg

Just an FYI. Don't join a site and then immediately start a thread. We're shy like that. Ease in. Don't get banned.

I felt this game was worse in every way than the first one. It was amazingly buggy, and froze on me at least a dozen times and I encountered a quest breaking bug that shows that they didn't really play test this game at all.

Also, whose idiotic decision was it to include random loot? Randomly generated game elements are always worse than well crafted static items. If I wanted to have to sort through piles of worthless random garbage so I could find something that was slightly better than what I already had, I would play Diablo or something. And, if you are going to include piles of random crap you need to include a larger, better inventory system. This is not an MMO and I don't want to warp back and forth between town and dungeon to sell loot because my inventory gets full every few minutes.

The possessed weapons were a neat idea but implemented so poorly and coupled with the fact that you have so little storage for weapons and armor, by the time you have a good possessed weapon to try and upgrade you have had to sell a good portion of the things you had found that could have been used to upgrade the weapons. But I guess it's easier to create a random loot generator than to have to put any effort into designing weapons and armor.

Death was also a far poorer character than War. War had a personality and style and the weapons and armor, while a smaller selection that Death, were better crafted and added to the style and feel of War. Death seems like a carbon copy of War with less effort given to any uniqueness in his style or control scheme. They couldn't even be bothered to come up with any Death specific weapons. They just outright gave War's gun to Death during the game.

It seems they took the first game's comparison to Zelda to heart and stripped so much of what made the first game great and went with a more generic gameplay style that just wasn't as good or as polished as the first. Oh, and let us not forget on disc DLC and the online pass that is required to be able access the complete game.

you summed up my thoughts almost exactly and let me add that it felt like a God of War clone to me. I have put in 10 hours and I can't get myself to play it anymore. Its just a poor console port.

Why didn't I hear about this before now! it is awesome game! I'm going to buy it for sure...

My main complaint is just how monotonous the game can be because of the lack of a good overworld. It's literally just a path you follow directly to the next dungeon. Pretty much every dungeon is in the game is littered with puzzles and is at least an hour long, while you're only on the overworld for 2-3 minutes at a time. Early areas seemed to be a little more fleshed out, but as you go further, it's just one puzzle dungeon after another. Plus, there are just so many instances where looking for hand-holds or shadow bombs is still a challenge.

I'm not suggesting that it needs to be an RPG, but it needed something more to tie all of those dungeons together.

I've played the hell out of it just because I'm compelled to see where it goes, but I don't see myself replaying it, while I did go back to the first.

Back