Darksiders $5.00 - Steam Daily Deal

Fun game, got a lot of consolitis going on, but still well worth it, especially for five.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/50620/

Edit: In the games defense, I will clarify my "consolitis" issues as being the lack of graphics options (you just get resolution and vsync) and that's about the only complaint I can think of, otherwise its been a great time, oh and well said below. :)

Last edited:
This is a good game guys, think an R-rated apocalyptic Legend of Zelda crossed with God of War. A bit consoly at times, but epic comic book armageddon story, good action scenes, quite polished, and reasonably long. EASILY worth 5. Both my wife and I already own this one from a previous sale.

This is a good game guys, think an R-rated apocalyptic Legend of Zelda crossed with God of War. A bit consoly at times, but epic comic book armageddon story, good action scenes, quite polished, and reasonably long. EASILY worth 5. Both my wife and I already own this one from a previous sale.

Couldn't agree more. I got it during Christmas sale - I have a wired Xbox controller I use from time to time and this game was great (yes I'm a pc gamer).

It's a very good game.

I'm a keyboard & mouse gamer, but I HIGHLY recommend an Xbox controller for this game, just in case you get frustrated with the keyboard use.

I got it on sale a while ago for $5-$10. Well worth the money. Supports eyefinity with a hex hack.

I played with a keyboard and mouse and never felt like I had to plug my 360 controller in.

It's a very good game.

I'm a keyboard & mouse gamer, but I HIGHLY recommend an Xbox controller for this game, just in case you get frustrated with the keyboard use.

Never had a problem with K & M, I guess I'm a pretty adaptive gamer when it comes to that, never had a problem with Dead Space either. The ONLY time I use a controller on my PC is with racing or flying games.

Great Price on a great game.

Once I get my gaming HTPC up and running i'm going to hit this up again on the big screen.

I'm still working my way through the game, which I picked up at the last sale. I agree with the positive things being said about this game.

I found the review at Game Trailers pretty informative...at least enough to save me $5.

Some nice graphics...and definitely nicely priced on this sale. Just not my cup o tea (if even for a pittance).

Never had a problem with K & M, I guess I'm a pretty adaptive gamer when it comes to that, never had a problem with Dead Space either. The ONLY time I use a controller on my PC is with racing or flying games.

I didn't say you couldn't do it, just that a controller makes it much easier, and I do not especially like controllers.

Great game. If you like Zelda type gameplay you will love this game.

I am not a RPG, platform or action gamer. I am strictly a FPS guy and I love this game! For $5 everyone should check it out. Especially if you are exclusively a PC gamer, because gems like these on the PC are EXTREMELY rare as they are usually console exclusive.

The game is borderline-plagiarism...a cheap knock-off of Zelda, God of War, Portal and Soul Reaver. It does nothing particularly well on its own merits with crappy combat and absolutely terrible pacing. To top it off, the PC version is a barebones port.

One of the most overrated games ever, and I'm very disappointed so many here cannot see it.

I liked it better than GoW... not saying much but it was fun for me. Not the best or anything.

The game is borderline-plagiarism...a cheap knock-off of Zelda, God of War, Portal and Soul Reaver. It does nothing particularly well on its own merits with crappy combat and absolutely terrible pacing. To top it off, the PC version is a barebones port.

One of the most overrated games ever, and I'm very disappointed so many here cannot see it.

The combat in Darksiders is deep, no idea what "crappy" translates to you. (don't actually care to find out either) There are literally TONS of different ways to approach any fight situation ( + different unlocks per weapon, special attacks, etc ). The plagiarism and pacing remarks are laughably off mark - not to mention your barebones port assumption. I don't understand why you come into this thread to shit on a $5 game that the majority of people appreciate on all platforms (metacritic is a decent gauge and the PC version gets a 7.8 user)

Anyway, Darksiders for $5 is a frig'n solid 10-15+ hour experience. It's like a grown ups Legend of Zelda meets God of War/Prototype. The engine runs liquid smooth, the controls can ALL be customized (a mark of a great "port"), has an interesting story with a forthcoming sequel, and Mark Hamill voices one of the main characters........It would be a shame to share plague injected's view, ugh.

The combat in Darksiders is deep, no idea what "crappy" translates to you. (don't actually care to find out either) There are literally TONS of different ways to approach any fight situation ( + different unlocks per weapon, special attacks, etc ). The plagiarism and pacing remarks are laughably off mark - not to mention your barebones port assumption. I don't understand why you come into this thread to shit on a $5 game that the majority of people appreciate on all platforms (metacritic is a decent gauge and the PC version gets a 7.8 user)

Anyway, Darksiders for $5 is a frig'n solid 10-15+ hour experience. It's like a grown ups Legend of Zelda meets God of War/Prototype. The engine runs liquid smooth, the controls can ALL be customized (a mark of a great "port"), has an interesting story with a forthcoming sequel, and Mark Hamill voices one of the main characters........It would be a shame to share plague injected's view, ugh.

Combat is deep? Get real...every weapon has about three combos. Try Bayonetta or even Ninja Gaiden if you want a hack-and-slash that actually has a deep combat system.

How are the plagiarism and pacing claims "off the mark"? Just because you say so? And oh you can customise the controls! What a wonderful port!

Gamers with bottom-level expectations and standards who eat up garbage games like this are why PC gamers get stuck with shit games and shit ports.

Combat is deep? Get real...every weapon has about three combos. Try Bayonetta or even Ninja Gaiden if you want a hack-and-slash that actually has a deep combat system.

How are the plagiarism and pacing claims "off the mark"? Just because you say so? And oh you can customise the controls! What a wonderful port!

Peoplke like you with bottom-level expectations and standards who eat up garbage games like this are why PC gamers get stuck with shit games and shit ports.

I'm not going to bother counting all of the possible combinations for weapon attacks in the game but I know for a fact there's more than "about three". Do you mean to say there's 2 or 4? I can already tell you didn't get anywhere near the later stages of the game.

As for your assumptive angst laiden ad hominem ridiculous teenage remarks -- save that mess for somebody who actually gives a shit about you.

I'm not going to bother counting all of the possible combinations for weapon attacks in the game but I know for a fact there's more than "about three". Do you mean to say there's 2 or 4? I can already tell you didn't get anywhere near the later stages of the game.

As for your assumptive angst laiden ad hominem ridiculous teenage remarks -- save that mess for somebody who actually gives a shit about you.

Hmm, apparently acting butthurt equals effective countering of somebody's claims about a game now. GG.

there are like almost ten combos per weapon or something, and you can mix weapons for different combos. jesus guys chill out. this game is definitely worth $5, its very fun even though its basically a frankensteins monster of an action game. worth the money, worth playing, done and done

Yea, I really enjoyed this game. The story is interesting and unique. The graphics are good and the different zones of the game feel different and interesting. The boss fights are challenging, but not impossible (think MegaMan style- find the weakness and pattern). And the characters are really pretty sweet.

This is not a game that was made to change the way we think about games, or define a new genre, or have any kind of socially redeeming qualities. It was meant to be fun, entertaining and high quality.

For the dev's first time out, it's a silly good game.

759954321_E7mFJ-L.jpg

My biggest complaint when I played it was the somewhat repetitive baddie menu. The base mobs are all the same, and there is some of the same "oh this guy is stronger than the last because he is taller and his loin cloth is red" bullshit, but it's so much fun it's an issue that fades into the background soon after you notice. And after all, this is endemic to these games.

Thanks, in for one. Already got an Xbox controller and putting together a living room gaming PC so stocking up on gamepad friendly titles.

I skipped this game the last three or four times it was at this price, then again when it was free with a preorder. I feel like it is being forced upon me...ok I will buy. :(

I skipped this game the last three or four times it was at this price, then again when it was free with a preorder. I feel like it is being forced upon me...ok I will buy. :(

This ^^.

Had a buddy from work pick it up and say he loved it. So I finally caved.

I will say that although because of the inherent design it probably plays better with an Xbox Controller, it looks better on PC by far. A good hint on how much more powerful the PC has become than the current gen consoles.

No more talking about this game because now I want it and can't get it for a 5 spot!

I lost my 360 controller somewhere... and the game keeps messing up on me when I use my logitech controller. D=

This is killing me!

so basically any xbox controller will connect to a pc and play without any added install?

so basically any xbox controller will connect to a pc and play without any added install?

i believe that as long as you have the wired version, it should just plug and play on your pc. however, if you have the wireless controller, you will require a wireless receiver. as an added note, the "play and charge" kit will NOT make your wireless controller equivalent to a wired controller and will still require the wireless receiver.

I lost my 360 controller somewhere... and the game keeps messing up on me when I use my logitech controller. D=

This is killing me!

Yes, I have that issue with the Logitech controllers, some functions seem reversed & have not been able to fix them.

Anyone with non-Xbox controllers who are having an issue, download and extract this to your Darksider's .exe directory https://rs711tl2.rapidshare.com/#!download|711dt|414240487|xbox360cemu.v.3.0.rar.

Before I did this my camera would constantly be facing straight up and I couldn't see in front of me. This also fixed my Mirror's Edge control issues.

Edit: Should note I have a Logitech Rumblepad 2. Google for x360ce.exe if you need to reassign controls.

Thanks for the PM themorningbells. And that was what happened to me as well, kept looking up. Not to meniton buttons were badly configured, and of course this game was a direct port with pretty much no real changes at all, so I was trying to figure out the buttons to fix it all in one go but I got way too dizzy.

Back