Darkening on q6600 IHS a bad sign?

Predator6sic6

Limp Gawd
So about 4 months ago I lapped my q6600 and installed a W/C system on it. I haven't with it since and it's been on pretty much 24/7.

I'm switching back to air cooling so I took my system apart and found this darkening on my IHS and Waterblock.

Is this bad?

Computer_0001.jpg

yes its real bad you should sell it to me for 50 bucks..................asap

JK

hahhaah.. is it bad? I don't think so. Are there any decreases in performance? Increases in temps? Still run on the same vcc you had it on initially?

the copper probably just changed color from the heat...as long as your temps are at ok levels you should be fine

Now, I want a commission on this if it happens...

But if for some reason that dark pattern starts to look like Richard Nixon or something, well, slap that puppy up on eBay or something and I'll give you an account number so you can transfer my cut for coming up with the idea in the first place. If a piece of toast can garner thousands, my lord, I wonder what a quad core Richard Nixon etching would be worth? IMAGINE... ;)

the copper probably just changed color from the heat...as long as your temps are at ok levels you should be fine

Changed color from the heat? :rolleyes:

It looks like a bit of oxidation, nothing to worry about in general. If you are concerned, some standard tarnish remover (available at any hardware store) should clean it up.

Assuming you are monitoring your temps, and they are at a reasonable level, then there should be no problem.

This coloration actually happened to my cooking pot when I accidentally left the lid over a heated stove. It's just heat so don't worry.

Back