Dark Souls Thread

Agreed. Valley was so much worse.

What you need to do is access the fire outside the locked door in the garden area and farm the trees down there in that area nearby that has 3-4 of them. Farm up the white and purple flowers and the purple flowers and youll be fine down there. Just take it really slow so you don't over aggro and you don't run off the edges. Also bring a bow to kill the annoying mosquitos.

The REALLY annoying part is New Londo Ruins. That's such a PITA if you don't know where you are going, after about 15 suicide runs I can do that entire place without getting into combat. Be even easier in NG+ since I wont have to talk to the guy on the roof (assuming the keys save).

it's worth it just getting cursed to get through that place
and by the time you actually have to go there 3000 souls required for cure isn't issue
you even get them for free from ash lake

it's worth it just getting cursed to get through that place
and by the time you actually have to go there 3000 souls required for cure isn't issue
you even get them for free from ash lake

I tried using transient curse to get through the Ruins, its actually super easy once you know where to go to avoid all the ghosts.

I tried using transient curse to get through the Ruins, its actually super easy once you know where to go to avoid all the ghosts.

yea i would do that for NG+ but for 1st play through probably just get cursed to save time

Man, Blight town is so confusing to get around.

Can anyone help me out with a few things?

1. How/can you kill the worm thing down there that's blocking treasure?
2. Where's the "eagle shield?"

Bring a bunch of arrows to be safe.

The eagle shield is found nearby the worm thing around a corner to the left.

How do I get past that thing? As soon as I get near it bam, hit and almost dead.

You don't even need to shoot it with arrows. You go through a tunnel either above or below it, can't remember which, and you will have a way to attack it from behind. As for the dudes that shoot darts, it's really not that hard. If you get poisoned, just do a suicide run at them so they die and won't come back. I was able to stay alive with the toxin for 10-15 mins easily. Use the estus flasks since you will die anyway.

1) Take an alternate path and you'll find yourself right behind the worm and you can just swing at it freely
2) eagle shield is shortly after the bonfire in there. it's pretty much the area right past the two fire breathing dogs and you'll have a short drop onto a walkway and then climb up the ladder and wrap around the stone column and you'll see it.

---

Anyone know how invading works? When you use the orb does it try to find someone around your level and then teleports you in front of them? Or does it only look for people in the area you're currently in when you use the item.

Anyone know how invading works? When you use the orb does it try to find someone around your level and then teleports you in front of them? Or does it only look for people in the area you're currently in when you use the item.

You need to be in human form, it will find someone that is up to 10% higher than you in level. And it will be in the area that you are currently in.

1) Take an alternate path and you'll find yourself right behind the worm and you can just swing at it freely
2) eagle shield is shortly after the bonfire in there. it's pretty much the area right past the two fire breathing dogs and you'll have a short drop onto a walkway and then climb up the ladder and wrap around the stone column and you'll see it.

---

Thanks, I got it, but as I attacked him after he died I for some reason flew of that platform to my death :(, I hope that thing didn't drop anything good/a ton of souls.

I found the eagle shield as well.

Now it's a pain trying to get through the swamp, I have the shadow armor to help and a some purple moss but jesus chirst, when you first walk out and go to the right there's like 6 of those scarab things waiting to attack you all bunched up.

^ That's why demons souls and this game are pretty much my favorite games ever. They are hard as hell because they challenge you, and it's unforgiving unless you figure out a way to overcome obstacles in the game. The key to this game is to just take your time, one enemy at a time. When you start going to fast you will get wailed on.

Thanks, I got it, but as I attacked him after he died I for some reason flew of that platform to my death :(, I hope that thing didn't drop anything good/a ton of souls.

I found the eagle shield as well.

Now it's a pain trying to get through the swamp, I have the shadow armor to help and a some purple moss but jesus chirst, when you first walk out and go to the right there's like 6 of those scarab things waiting to attack you all bunched up.

Nah, the parasite thing doesn't drop anything. Killed him 3 separate occasions across my characters and nada.

On another note, I'm having a alot of fun using the Zweihander. I feel like the hulk using the big weapons. I never once used an oversized weapon in Demon Souls or Dark Souls until now and I should've been doing this sooner lol.

Nah, the parasite thing doesn't drop anything. Killed him 3 separate occasions across my characters and nada.

On another note, I'm having a alot of fun using the Zweihander. I feel like the hulk using the big weapons. I never once used an oversized weapon in Demon Souls or Dark Souls until now and I should've been doing this sooner lol.

I (foolishly in restrospect) leveled up a ton of strength to use some of the special weapons in the game, not terribly impressed with them either. I'd go for a Zweihander or a Claymore and just augment it and save some stats. Lightning spear is still super powerful late into the game, its worth farming up to get it to +5.

I can't wait. The cleaver was one of my favorite weapons in DS. Of course it really scaled well with strength and dex. It was great for fending off invaders as well, rush them and knock them down. :)

Pfft, you think Blighttown is bad? Wait till you get to Anor Londo....... After you clear Sen's Fortress and the boss at the top of it. Get ready to get your butts handed to you.....

^ That's why demons souls and this game are pretty much my favorite games ever. They are hard as hell because they challenge you, and it's unforgiving unless you figure out a way to overcome obstacles in the game. The key to this game is to just take your time, one enemy at a time. When you start going to fast you will get wailed on.

Except Blighttown isn't challenging in the way other parts of the game are, it's just cheap. Frame rate dies and you die. You clip through a wall and you die. Those wasps clip through the floor to attack you. Everybody loves platforming elements in a game with no real jump button. Blighttown sucks, and the poison swamp better not become the new ice/lava level.

I finally did beat it and got out of there. Then, I come back and find out I can't save at firelink because I have to invade some world to kill that guy I freed (i'm assuming), but I can't use the item and it does not say where to go. Great.

I finally did beat it and got out of there. Then, I come back and find out I can't save at firelink because I have to invade some world to kill that guy I freed (i'm assuming), but I can't use the item and it does not say where to go. Great.

After that part in firelink shrine goto the firekeeper she will be gone and you will get some items one of them being a stone that you can use in part of anor lando to invade the killers world.

So the next place you need to goto is sens fortress I believe.

oh and be prepared to die alot there, that level is more about timing, keeping your footing and annoying balls lol.

Last edited:
After that part in firelink shrine goto the firekeeper she will be gone and you will get some items one of them being a stone that you can use in part of anor lando to invade the killers world.

So the next place you need to goto is sens fortress I believe.

oh and be prepared to die alot there, that level is more about timing, keeping your footing and annoying balls lol.

I got the evil eye thing, it just didn't say where to go to use it. I don't like how some items it will not let you accidentally use like the eye, but others you can ruin.

Could you imagine trying to play this game without access to the internet? I have my tablet next to me at all times so I can google what is going on.

The game isn't about holding your hand, it lets you figure out things for yourself.

THAT is what makes it good. Many games have arrows that tell you where to go, or illuminated ledges or whatnot that tell you where to climb/jump over/use, etc etc etc

This game forces you to think for yourself.

You can drop the pendant to sparkly the crow the crows nest, and she will give you a souvenir of reprisal.

on my second play through now
i'm getting invaded non stop except they all have been weak in both equipment and level
i can kill them all in 1~2 shot while they hit me for 100 or less..

Ok can someone clarify this?

I'm playing a pyromancer and I see people talking about the "glove" for them, you apparently get from rescuing that guy in the Depths fromt he butcher (in that vase). I did this, but I NEVER got anything for it. He simply showed up in The shrine area and that was that, I can buy spells from him, but there's no glove or anything to get.

Did something fuck up or are people just confused and there's no "glove" and they mean the flame you have from the beginning?

you already have one since your class is pyromancer
you get glove from him if you aren't pyromancer

Thanks, can anyone suggest a good place to grind some souls now? i need to grind out for the witch in the Swamp, someone said the forest was good to grind out 20k souls in 30 minutes or so.

Edit - also forgot, Can i use all the "soul" items (IE Soul of a nameless hero, soul of a proud knight, etc) or are there any of them that need to be used for crafting/weapon upgrading, etc? I remember in Demon's souls wasting one that coulda been used for a weapon upgrade, NEVER gonna do that again so I haven't used a single one yet, have about 30k worth of souls from those in my inventory if I can use them.

Thanks, can anyone suggest a good place to grind some souls now? i need to grind out for the witch in the Swamp, someone said the forest was good to grind out 20k souls in 30 minutes or so.

Edit - also forgot, Can i use all the "soul" items (IE Soul of a nameless hero, soul of a proud knight, etc) or are there any of them that need to be used for crafting/weapon upgrading, etc? I remember in Demon's souls wasting one that coulda been used for a weapon upgrade, NEVER gonna do that again so I haven't used a single one yet, have about 30k worth of souls from those in my inventory if I can use them.

you can use those soul items just keep ones you get from defeating bosses

Ok can someone clarify this?

I'm playing a pyromancer and I see people talking about the "glove" for them, you apparently get from rescuing that guy in the Depths fromt he butcher (in that vase). I did this, but I NEVER got anything for it. He simply showed up in The shrine area and that was that, I can buy spells from him, but there's no glove or anything to get.

Did something fuck up or are people just confused and there's no "glove" and they mean the flame you have from the beginning?

He only gives you a glove if you're not already a pyromancer. It's the same exact glove.

I got the evil eye thing, it just didn't say where to go to use it. I don't like how some items it will not let you accidentally use like the eye, but others you can ruin.

Could you imagine trying to play this game without access to the internet? I have my tablet next to me at all times so I can google what is going on.

The Eye specifically mentions Anor Londo. I guess you can deduce from there that you're supposed to use it at Anor Londo.

Okay.... so I'm not going to read through 22 pages..... is it as good as Demon's Souls?

Way better. The thing that hit me most was how incredible the world design is layed out. Anything you look at, essentially you can go there. And since it's one world, you find all these shortcuts later on that take you places you'd never expect.

PeeWeePee did, he's a titan, a colossus, an unstoppable force of nature.

Back