Dark Souls 3 Anti-Cheating Patch Removed From Steam

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know that Dark Souls 3 patch that was supposed to address cheating? It seems that, while it may have worked for exploits, it is also causing the game to freeze so the patch has been removed from Steam.

EDIT 16/05: The patch has been removed temporarily to fix the freeze issues. We hope to reinstate the patch ASAP. If you fall victim to one of the bugs previously fixed, don't worry, you won't be penalized. We will keep you posted as soon as we have more info. Thank you for your understanding.

The game always stuttered for me when picking up items, but this update caused random freezing for 1-3 seconds to happen at random intervals. Glad to see it pulled as it was making the game unplayable.

It was more of a stutter for me anyway.

From 50-60 FPS to 40-55fps post patch, with 10 fps stutters for 3 second durations

The game always stuttered for me when picking up items, but this update caused random freezing for 1-3 seconds to happen at random intervals. Glad to see it pulled as it was making the game unplayable.

Pretty much the same here. The game always stuttered for me. Honestly, I really didn't notice a difference pre to post patch in terms of stutter. But it is annoying during a fight, be it pvp or boss, where you have them on the ropes, and are at full health, only to freeze up for a few seconds to see the you have died message pop up.

Back