• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DaRK SoULS 2 two more weeks!!

preordered on gamestops website for ps3 since PC version is delayed (intentionally to curb launch piracy sales most likely)
 
I'm holding out for the PC version, but I'm really, really tempted to pull the trigger on the console releases.
It looks be the the same game I'll love and curse in the same breath.
 
yeah I'm going to walk into Gamestop the first time since I picked up my PS4 there in November.... canceled my Amazon order got the credit back.


Can't wait to play this on my 27" ASUS IPS panel it going to look SWEET!!!
 
Just per ordered the Day one editon at Gamestop the girl that works there is really cute she called me sweetie. I bet she keeps her job there anyway....not like some other locos that I seen working there..
 
Wow, 2 weeks of vacation time for a game. That's dedication right there.
 
I've had the PS3 Collector's Edition on pre-order since the day that version was announced. This 2 more weeks of waiting is going to be torture :(.
 
Yeah I went ahead and pre-ordered the PS3 version since the PC version still has no ETA.
 
Because fuck you is why.

I didn't take 2 weeks off but still picking this up.
 
PC version delayed? Oh cock, I was planning to move my PC into the living room to play this :(

Turns out giving away my PS3 was a bad idea. I thought I was done with games for it, totally forgot about DS2.
 
The PC version has not been "delayed". Dark Souls P.R. department said a few times, months ago, that the PC version would lag the console releases by a couple of weeks. With an expectation of no later than the last day of March.

There has been no update to this other than repeats of "sometime in march". So it can be assumed they are on schedule.
 
Just curious, but how bad was the hacking on the online play for the PC version of Dark Souls (1)? I know there were exploits aplenty on the console versions, but, I'm wondering if the multiplayer might be better on the consoles, ultimately.
 
Just curious, but how bad was the hacking on the online play for the PC version of Dark Souls (1)? I know there were exploits aplenty on the console versions, but, I'm wondering if the multiplayer might be better on the consoles, ultimately.
It was in the PvP Arena on PC. But it is just as easy to hack your PS3 and 360 saves to achieve the same goal. In my own experience through the course of regular play, my run-ins with hackers occurred more frequently on the Xbox 360 version than it ever did on the PC version.
 
I'm jealous that you console folks will be getting the game ahead of PC...got to avoid spoilers
 
Just curious, but how bad was the hacking on the online play for the PC version of Dark Souls (1)? I know there were exploits aplenty on the console versions, but, I'm wondering if the multiplayer might be better on the consoles, ultimately.

If you are worried about hackers, the PS3 has the most secure setup. I'm sure there's a way to hack PS3 saves, but the tools to successfully do it seem to be a lot more uncommon.

I never met some of the worst hacks like stat drains and instant death. But I did several times encounter people that would invade and appear right next to me, often attacking me before they appeared on my screen. I also had someone freeze me in place one time.

I was curious about how easy it was to hack, so I did some investigating. I'm not a newb when it comes to fiddling with games and software.

I didn't look for major hacks like uber weapons or any of the really nasty stuff. I just wanted to see how easy it was to edit a save, to juice my stats.

All together, the hacking tools are pretty hush hush. It actually took me a solid amount of time to locate any tools at all.

Once I found the tools----I was unsuccessful in getting an edited PC save to work. I don't have a 360, but I do know it is not very secure and the tool I was using basically guaranteed success on 360 and said PC might work.

I didn't find anything for PS3 save editing. I'm sure it's possible, but probably not rampant.
 
If you are worried about hackers, the PS3 has the most secure setup. I'm sure there's a way to hack PS3 saves, but the tools to successfully do it seem to be a lot more uncommon.

I never met some of the worst hacks like stat drains and instant death. But I did several times encounter people that would invade and appear right next to me, often attacking me before they appeared on my screen. I also had someone freeze me in place one time.

I was curious about how easy it was to hack, so I did some investigating. I'm not a newb when it comes to fiddling with games and software.

I didn't look for major hacks like uber weapons or any of the really nasty stuff. I just wanted to see how easy it was to edit a save, to juice my stats.

All together, the hacking tools are pretty hush hush. It actually took me a solid amount of time to locate any tools at all.

Once I found the tools----I was unsuccessful in getting an edited PC save to work. I don't have a 360, but I do know it is not very secure and the tool I was using basically guaranteed success on 360 and said PC might work.

I didn't find anything for PS3 save editing. I'm sure it's possible, but probably not rampant.
On PC you have to hack the memory addresses in real time, which risks a GFWL ban. But there is a way to do so offline while disabling GFWL security. The good news is that most people are sensible and don't share the address map of the truly nefarious hacks that are available. Thankfully most people only do this to make PVP builds on the PC version since there is really no other way to do so unless you play through the game 10 hours at a time for each build you want to make.
 
The PC version has not been "delayed". Dark Souls P.R. department said a few times, months ago, that the PC version would lag the console releases by a couple of weeks. With an expectation of no later than the last day of March.

There has been no update to this other than repeats of "sometime in march". So it can be assumed they are on schedule.

it hasn't been delayed in the sense that an original date was pushed back, but it's release is delayed from the console version ;)

again, if you ask me it's to maximize launch sales since they'll probably have to eat a fair share of pirated copies on PC, they might as well force those of us who must have the game at launch regardless of what system they 'prefer'. i'm buying it for PS3 and PC only because they're pushing the PC date back

i bought dark souls 1 for PC & PS3 as well, so it is what it is
 
I figured it's not pirating just wanting people to buy the console version first.....
Hell PS4 just came out in Japan those poor guys.....
 
I really want to play this next week. But I'm going to have to wait for the pc version. Hook up to the projector and game in all its full hd glory!!!!!
 
My DS2 Collector's Edition arrives tomorrow via UPS... can't wait!

Anyone else picking up the console version tomorrow?
 
10.00 when Gamestop opens! faster then UPS =)

But hell I might get in a car accident that would be no fun..
 
I'm going to play on PS3. Too much competition around here for the computer to play it on PC. I don't mind the PS3. Dark Souls 1 was fine on the console, and I hear the frame rate hits have been cleaned up 100% as well. Should be a fine experience, and the game comes out today! I can walk to my nearest Gamestop and pick it up. One of the conveniences of living downtown.
 
assuming this is gonna be a spoiler-zone, but i'll keep this post focused on just gameplay mechanics/graphics

graphics; the textures are noticably worse than DS1, the character models are horrendous and armor textures are garbage too. hopefully the levels look better later on, but for now DS1 looks noticably nicer

they really fucked up the control mechanics with this game, they completely changed how your character moves while running. in DS1/DeS, you couldn't just turn at a sharp 90 degrees while running, your character would run an arc, this kept you from falling off ledges while sprinting.. yeah they removed that in DS2, you can easily twitch yourself off a ledge now

input lag is noticably higher compared to DS1/DeS

the recovery time after weapon swings has been increased tremendously
the stagger time after your poise breaks or guard breaks is ridiculous, and they even added a new critical hit for when your guard breaks

penalty for dying is unreal, and human effigies are difficult to find to alleviate the death penalty. no cling ring this time, and as far as i've seen so far, no humanity (Human Effigy) farming from rats either, at least not up to the 4th zone that you unlock, if you die five times, you're stuck at 50% HP until you find a H.E.

if you use a human effigy to restore humanity, you aren't healed, it just extends your health bar back to normal, you need to heal yourself up back to full as a secondary action (lifegem, flask, bonfire resting)

warping to a bonfire doesn't restore your estus flasks if you use a homeward bone, you need to actually rest at the bonfire after warping....again, why did they change shit that didn't need changing

mob's are relentless if you aggro them, they chase you much deeper into a level than DS1/DeS, those Giants are ridiculous lol

with all that said, I am still enjoying the game but it feels like some 3rd party developer took a half-assed attempt at making a souls game, and then slapped "Dark Souls II" on it, i'm sure my opinion will differ from a lot of other people but i think a lot of that has to do with people being afraid to speak out on it

a lot of the souls youtube channels are saying not to expect dark souls, but to expect a new game with a new feel. except that's the problem, the hardcore souls fans didnt want the game to feel different, the gameplay mechanics in DS1 were fucking perfect as they were
 
assuming this is gonna be a spoiler-zone, but i'll keep this post focused on just gameplay mechanics/graphics

graphics; the textures are noticably worse than DS1, the character models are horrendous and armor textures are garbage too. hopefully the levels look better later on, but for now DS1 looks noticably nicer

they really fucked up the control mechanics with this game, they completely changed how your character moves while running. in DS1/DeS, you couldn't just turn at a sharp 90 degrees while running, your character would run an arc, this kept you from falling off ledges while sprinting.. yeah they removed that in DS2, you can easily twitch yourself off a ledge now

input lag is noticably higher compared to DS1/DeS

the recovery time after weapon swings has been increased tremendously
the stagger time after your poise breaks or guard breaks is ridiculous, and they even added a new critical hit for when your guard breaks

penalty for dying is unreal, and human effigies are difficult to find to alleviate the death penalty. no cling ring this time, and as far as i've seen so far, no humanity (Human Effigy) farming from rats either, at least not up to the 4th zone that you unlock, if you die five times, you're stuck at 50% HP until you find a H.E.

if you use a human effigy to restore humanity, you aren't healed, it just extends your health bar back to normal, you need to heal yourself up back to full as a secondary action (lifegem, flask, bonfire resting)

warping to a bonfire doesn't restore your estus flasks if you use a homeward bone, you need to actually rest at the bonfire after warping....again, why did they change shit that didn't need changing

mob's are relentless if you aggro them, they chase you much deeper into a level than DS1/DeS, those Giants are ridiculous lol

with all that said, I am still enjoying the game but it feels like some 3rd party developer took a half-assed attempt at making a souls game, and then slapped "Dark Souls II" on it, i'm sure my opinion will differ from a lot of other people but i think a lot of that has to do with people being afraid to speak out on it

a lot of the souls youtube channels are saying not to expect dark souls, but to expect a new game with a new feel. except that's the problem, the hardcore souls fans didnt want the game to feel different, the gameplay mechanics in DS1 were fucking perfect as they were
A lot of the mechanics were probably changed for PVP's sake, letting the players dictate the direction they went. Unfortunately this probably means the overall PVE experience has been hurt. Oh well, I'll find out for myself tonight. Hopefully there will be an easy way to turn Human that will be discovered. I hope the number of Effigies isn't limited like the equivalent in Demon's Souls.
 
I played it for two hours graphics one of the NPCs said "this place will grown on you" in the starting area so hopefully it gets better =) I wish they would of changed up the sound effect a bit the sound clanks and everything are the same as pervious games. Music sound more like Kings Field though.

Some guy at Gamestop was talking about the game to another emo kid and said our Boss got the game a day year Gamestop manager and he said it's really hard and died a lot.

I don't take that approve to games anymore......Gotta finish this game rush though it like your streaming on Twitch for a bunch of guys with no attention span =)


I'm playing offline so I don't get invaded every two seconds think I'll play online for now on so I can read the messages..
 
Game is amazing once you get leveling up and get some gear...The stuff in the black armor editon you won't be able to use for some time higher level gear which will save you some souls down the road.
I think people who say this game is hard are in the wrong areas of the game much like trying to tackle catacombs first in dark souls..
 
LOVE the new feel of the combat, i was really hoping it didn't play exactly the same as dark souls as it would be far to easy to just blow through it if they kept it the same. Attacks feel much heavier and deliberate, rolling is far less forgiving. Killed about 4 bosses and 10 hours in and loving it. Going to stop playing and wait for the pc version now.
 
that's like saying DS was easy to blow through because they kept the same gameplay mechanics as demons souls

you still have to learn weapon movesets, and enemy attack patterns, spawn locations, level layouts, etc
 
I'm enjoying the game, but I made a really stupid mistake, because I didn't bother to read any spoilers about the game. Due to the non-respawning nature of the game, I screwed up badly as I was farming souls for gear rather than leveling up.
 
what are you talking about? everything that you farm respawns. black knights and bosses don't count as farming. The only real mistakes you can make are to eat firekeeper souls

anyway there are some questions as to the lighting effects in the PS3 released version vs the previous demos. Some say the better lighting effects are from the pc version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbT03r_9Zo
 
what are you talking about? everything that you farm respawns. black knights and bosses don't count as farming. The only real mistakes you can make are to eat firekeeper souls

Every day enemies have a limited number of times they will respawn unless you use a bonfire aescetic. It makes clearing out harder areas easier than previous games, but at the same time, also makes farming for items and souls significantly harder.
 
Back
Top