Dark Rock 3 Pro $59.90

cortexodus

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm not sure if this is a great deal or not, but I can't seem to find it anywhere else at this low of a price and I'm tempted to drop my Kuhler 620 off my CPU and go with this instead. NE says deal ends on the 17th.

How do you all feel about the sheer weight of units this size? I feel like it's the sort of thing that would warp the motherboard over time. I've had other large tower coolers on systems in the past, but this thing weighs 2.6lbs! (1197g). Biggest cooler I ever had mounted was the CNPS9700 which is only (1.6lb) 764g

Last edited:
I had one of these on a xeon 2011 150w cpu and it kept it nice and chilly, very good price for what it is.

Seems like a decent price. I wouldn't worry about the weight. I've never seen any warping of boards when properly mounted (mobo mounted securely, correct backplate used, everything tightened down). I used to have a Noctua NH-D14 which is a little heavier than the DR3P and it mounted nice and securely, never had a worry about it snapping off or damaging anything. If it were a real problem I think we would have seen more comments about the damage over the years, but even the older heavy heatsinks haven't had those kinds of issues.

This looks nice. I'd snag it up if I was in the market. I have the phanteks which looks bigger but not as cool looking. (Awesome looking) and I've had no issues with weight. The phanteks is 1250 gr with the 2 fans so it weighs more too.

Last edited:
Back