• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dark Forces Mod

Alyosha

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 1, 2003
Messages
1,884
I've been watching this for quite a while now and this team has made some major headway. They are making a mod for Jedi Acadamy and creating the entire game of Dark Forces. I happen to think this is really cool as Dark Forces was one of the first really cool games I played back in the day and to play it again with modern graphics is really rad. Anyway, they just released a demo of the first 3 levels and can be found at the homepage:

http://darkforces.jediknight.net
 
Ahhhhh Dark Forces what memories. I remember playing that with my friend for HOURS on end, literally HOURS. Going between that and Escape Velocity on his performa in the basement...
 
Bobby said:
Dark Forces as in Jedi Knight I?

As in "Jedi Knight 0". Kyle didn't even know he was a Jedi in "Dark Forces".

Funny to think that JA could actually be thought of as "Jedi Academy: Jedi Knight 3: Dark Forces 4" I'm not even factoring the "Mysteries of The Sith" expansion pack in there...
 
No, Dark Forces 2 was Jedi Knight 1


Dark Forces was based on the Doom engine i believe (or maybe that duke3d engine)



It was awesome.

And BennyB: you can get the newest Escape Velocity for PC: www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/

It friggin rocks :D
 
Haha, yeah I know. I'd play it if i had the time, AMAZING game, Ambrosia really knows what they are doing. I'll never forget playing the original unregistered one and having captain hector chase you around telling you to pay the license fee.
 
I remember dark forces being the first (or perhaps one of the first games) that let you look up and down. I don't think you could use the mouse, you had to use like 1 and 7 on the numpad (as the game was played with the right hand for directional control on the numpad and shooting was the left side cntl and shift buttons)...or I believe that was the default controls...mind job not playing with a mouse
 
That game was awesome. I used to play the demo over and over before the actual game's release. Blasting Stormtroopers was fun. Guys would shoot at you from above, that was a first.
 
Hehe...I remember sneaking sessions of DF on my compy down in the basement while my dad wasn't home, because he thought I was too young to play FPS's at the time...

Times are better, now, though. Can't imagine what he'd think of Doom3, though. :eek:
 
Back
Top