It seems to be pretty much acknowledged that the dark corners flaw is caused by stress between the bezel or polarizer and the screen. I was wondering if anyone here has seen this problem correct itself over time. One would think it would if it's simply caused by stress, as the contact between the various parts of the screen should eventually become looser.
The bottom two corners on my Dell S2440L suffer from this flaw. The bottom left corner in particular is fairly bad, as it seems to go dark and then lighter a few times every minute. When it goes dim, it's like a jet of darkness is being sprayed out a half inch diagonally from the corner. This is only noticeable on lighter screens of course, but that's almost all the time when I'm web browsing. The flickering corner sticks out like a sore thumb because most web pages have a white or grayish background, and most have no content in the lower left corner.
I'd really hate to have to return this unit over this one minor flaw, especially since the screen is perfect in every other way. If I felt it was probable that the dim corners would get better at some point, there's no way I would re-enter the panel lottery. However, my eyes seem to be drawn to the bottom left corner every time it goes dim. I know some people might argue that returning a monitor over one flaw like that is silly or unethical, but I don't know. What does everyone here think?
The bottom two corners on my Dell S2440L suffer from this flaw. The bottom left corner in particular is fairly bad, as it seems to go dark and then lighter a few times every minute. When it goes dim, it's like a jet of darkness is being sprayed out a half inch diagonally from the corner. This is only noticeable on lighter screens of course, but that's almost all the time when I'm web browsing. The flickering corner sticks out like a sore thumb because most web pages have a white or grayish background, and most have no content in the lower left corner.
I'd really hate to have to return this unit over this one minor flaw, especially since the screen is perfect in every other way. If I felt it was probable that the dim corners would get better at some point, there's no way I would re-enter the panel lottery. However, my eyes seem to be drawn to the bottom left corner every time it goes dim. I know some people might argue that returning a monitor over one flaw like that is silly or unethical, but I don't know. What does everyone here think?