Dark and Light(game)

acetic

Gawd
Anyone else seen this game yet?

It looks absolutely amazing, it's still in the closed beta, so its not done, and they are projecting 2005 Q1 for public release.

www.darkandlight.com for some information...

What i know about the game:

A large 15,000 sq Mile Area for an MMORPG, where lag is non-existant (or supposedly), and when you log off, or possibly Lag out, an NPC script takes over your character, so you can defend a castle, or sell stuff etc. You put your own instructions in the script. There are dragons you can ride, Do Do's you can ride, its like fantasy medieval thing. There are several Races: Half-Troll, Half-Orc, Brave, Human, Half-Elf, Wood-Elf, Dark-Elf, High-Elf, Dwarves, Gnomes, Lutins, and fairies.

There are classes for these races, like warrior, ranger, rogue, druid, archer etc... Lots.

Each player gets a home/ fortress, and a whole bunch more. Go to the site for more information. (Click on "Join Beta Test" banner to get into the "community")

Check some screenshots, as well as the E3 ingame video (~90MB and amazing :eek: )

Something I definetly want to upgrade my computer for, so I can play with a great experience. :D

I started following it after the E3 videos.

It looks to be extremely fun, being able to sled on your shield, ride dragons, and other mounts.

One thing i'm kinda worried about though, is their main feature the "big land".

I would VERY VERY much rather hav ea smaller yet hand crafted natural looking land then a huge computer generated land (like swg used, damn hills everywhere, looked so out of place)

From the screen shots, it doesn't look like its messed up, with things out of place, it looks pretty nice... As far as i could see.

Im testing the game currently and I can tell you know its nothing to be hyped up about... The graphics on my system don't look anywhere as good as the screenshots and the UI is HORRIBLE.

Im personally waiting on EQ2...

To paraphrase a song, "What the world needs now is another MMORPG, like I need a hole in my head".

I am really beginning to wonder how on earth there will be a large enough market to support all of these MMORPGs. The game looks cool, but I wonder how many players that they're targetting aren't already playing EQ, DAoC, AC, etc.

Back