• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DanielK Drivers for my X-Fi Titanium?

The Cobra

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
4,119
Just curious if anyone else is running these modified drivers on their computer with an X-Fi Titanium card?

Let me know...

Thx ahead...
 
I use the PAX drivers for my Titanium HD (there are Titanium drivers too) by Robert McClelland: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/pax-download-pcie-x-fi-series/

Excellent drivers, IMO; much better than the stock drivers that stopped working for me out of nowhere after using them for months (sweeping/reinstalling also did not work). I thought my card was dead until I installed the PAX drivers, which worked like a charm and have some nice improvements too.
 
I wouldn't touch those PAX drivers with a ten foot pole.

How come? I am looking for alternative drivers since my Titanium HD likes to quit working at random, requiring a driver re-install, and these PAX drivers sounded promising.
 
The PAX drivers have been written by some amateur guy who knows nothing about driver development. He adds lines of code to the drivers saying things like X-FiNoCrash= 1 and BS like that. I can write code about as well as he can (political science major). Plus, the line output on the Titanium HD are audibly transparent, so any audible change in sound quality between standard drivers and PAX drivers are a reduction in sound quality.
 
The PAX drivers have been written by some amateur guy who knows nothing about driver development. He adds lines of code to the drivers saying things like X-FiNoCrash= 1 and BS like that. I can write code about as well as he can (political science major). Plus, the line output on the Titanium HD are audibly transparent, so any audible change in sound quality between standard drivers and PAX drivers are a reduction in sound quality.

Ahh sounds like a good reason to avoid them then hehe. Well if this driver issue annoys me enough I will just sell the card, I have no faith in Creative to fix it. Too bad, I really like this card otherwise.
 
How come? I am looking for alternative drivers since my Titanium HD likes to quit working at random, requiring a driver re-install, and these PAX drivers sounded promising.

Have you tried the latest Creative beta? Its far more up to date than the official drivers.

Read the actual change log on those PAX drivers and tell me that you still want to install that garbage.

Yeah, I sold my Titanium HD due to another issue. I'm much happier with my Xonar.

The PAX drivers have been written by some amateur guy who knows nothing about driver development. He adds lines of code to the drivers saying things like X-FiNoCrash= 1 and BS like that. I can write code about as well as he can (political science major). Plus, the line output on the Titanium HD are audibly transparent, so any audible change in sound quality between standard drivers and PAX drivers are a reduction in sound quality.

Exactly
 
Yep, tried the beta, same problem. Xonar Essense looking mighty tempting....

Yeah, I got rid of my xtremegamer due to the exact same issue. I never found a solution. I hear that the Daniel K drivers help, I never tried them and sadly he doesn't have anything for the Titanium HD. I got rid of the Titanium HD for another reason, actually. I won't be going back to creative. ;)
 
The PAX drivers have been written by some amateur guy who knows nothing about driver development. He adds lines of code to the drivers saying things like X-FiNoCrash= 1 and BS like that. I can write code about as well as he can (political science major). Plus, the line output on the Titanium HD are audibly transparent, so any audible change in sound quality between standard drivers and PAX drivers are a reduction in sound quality.

I'm using them mainly because the official ones completely stopped working (although it seems I am not alone in having that happen) and nothing I did was able to get the card working again.

I've only been using them a little while but I haven't noticed any drop in audio quality; it seems a lot of his "improvements" to the sound are tweaks that can be altered/undone by the user by just editing a text file. Whether he writes stuff like "X-FiNoCrash= 1" doesn't really matter to me as long as the driver works properly and sounds good.

I'll likely give the latest beta drivers a try again though now that I know my card isn't dead. The PAX drivers are certainly nicer than having a non-functioning card, that's for sure.
 
I don't see how thats possible unless the PAX package was using a more up to date driver than you were using.

If the problem that you were having with the HD is that audio would stop working when changing modes or between rca and headphones then that was fixed in the last Beta driver which the PAX version that you are currently using is based on.
 
My problem was that one day when I tried to open my console an error kept popping up saying "no device detected" and all sound was gone. Even after running driver sweeper, restarting, reinstalling, etc., the problem persisted, even though I'd changed nothing about my system in months. I thought the card must have died.

So I googled around and found the PAX drivers, which worked like a charm and got me back up and running. It made no sense to me either, but there it was.
 
Back
Top