• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Danger Den now at Micro Center

managerman

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 26, 2004
Messages
133
Just an FYI....while I as shopping at my local Micro Center, I noticed they have a new dedicated watercooling section that has Danger Den products. I asked an associate about it and he said that Micro Center was the only brick and mortar retailer in the US that carries Danger Den products.

Great for those of us who live near a Micro Center! Looks like it can be ordered on the web too......

Danger Den at MicroCenter

-M
 
No way! Wow I was boycotting Microcenter due to their shitty shitty shitty customer service skills. ( at least the store in my area) but maybe they have totally redeemed themselves!
 
The customer service at MicroCenter blows chunks... unless you know exactly what you want it's a total waste... the only good thing is that they have a good return policy and take back almost anything regardless of how much you destroyed the packaging opening it.

Plus the prices are rediculous (even for a brick and mortar). I just left there and noticed a FX-55 for almost a grand!
 
I was wondering the same thing.

I notice they dont sell any rads unless you buy the intro kit.
 
I'll have to take a trip over to Microcenter...heh I should ask the sales associate questions about what I should get for watercooling just so I can laugh at how idiotic their answer will be :)

What is nice is that the prices on the pumps are dead on, and I wouldn't have to pay shipping. Might get a fillport from them.
 
Yeah I noticed some of their prices arent too bloated for a local price. Would be a nice option to not have to wait :)
 
This doesnt bode well for me.I live about 25 mins from the Microcenter in Dallas. I think I'll go check it out tomorrow.

SCORE The store in the Dallas area has all the stuff on the site in stock except for the laing d5 pump. Just a lil FYI for you local guys.


-Brandon
 
The Denver store has a few rads, some Ehiem 1250's, and bottles of Xerex.
Maybe more is coming as I noticed a new display case had been moved in.
 
i went last week to the one in Long Island, to get a pump and they didnt have any out on display...I asked them where they were since I called the day prior and they told me they had it in stock. The sales person just said they were setting up a "special danger den section next month.... :mad: So they probably had it in stock in the their backroom but wouldnt sell it to me till the "special" section gets setup

didnt matter cuz i ordered one directly from dangerden...shipping was probably less than sales tax so i rather order online
 
Thats awesome. Local Microcenter here I come! (well... whenever I decide to watercool that is)
 
spyder_flex97 said:
i went last week to the one in Long Island, to get a pump and they didnt have any out on display...I asked them where they were since I called the day prior and they told me they had it in stock. The sales person just said they were setting up a "special danger den section next month.... :mad: So they probably had it in stock in the their backroom but wouldnt sell it to me till the "special" section gets setup

didnt matter cuz i ordered one directly from dangerden...shipping was probably less than sales tax so i rather order online


That special dangerden section sounds really cool. Microcenter is a pretty large chain of stores, and the fact that they are going to be putting in a special watercooling section hopefully means that watercooling can make some strides into the mainstream.

Lets just hope too many idiots dont fry their computers.
 
Nice, I've got one locally, I'll have to check out the stuff they have there. I'm really looking to take my WC setup to the next level. lol, considering the crap kit I bought that will be easy!
 
not to go off-topic
anyone know how much a microcenter employee makes??seems like an easy job and i probably have more knowledge than the clowns they have there now :p
 
spyder_flex97 said:
not to go off-topic
anyone know how much a microcenter employee makes??seems like an easy job and i probably have more knowledge than the clowns they have there now :p

If you like I can ask my THREE friends who worked there until a few months ago when they all quit en masse. All I ever heard from them was complaining about the job... then again... what 21-26 year old doesn't complain about their jobs?

If you can, try to get into the BYOS (Build Your Own System) department... you get a commision/spiff bonus or something. If you're selling the latest copy of Grand Theft Auto you're just making straight pay. The phone department is also pretty cool from what I hear since you're just sitting on your butt all day taking orders.

The real problem is trying to sell an FX-55 for $1000 with a straight face and never mentioning Newegg, TigerDirect, Pricewatch, PriceGrabber, etc.

--------

As for saving on shipping... I wish I lived somewhere with as low a tax rate as you people must have. I had my first DD kit shipped to me for about $12.00, that was about $300 worth of parts. Where I live the sales tax rate is 7% which would have been about $21.00 worth of sales tax. I'll wait a week and save myself a few bucks since I'm sure even if the prices are comepetitive they aren't exactly what DD charges.
 
7% is nothing...NYC has 8.25% sales tax :)

shopping online and new jersey saves me so much money :D
 
hehe, I have you all beat. There's no sales tax in Oregon, and I live only a few hours from Danger Den... I also only live a couple hours away from Mountain Mods... :)
 
Maximus825 said:
hehe, I have you all beat. There's no sales tax in Oregon, and I live only a few hours from Danger Den... I also only live a couple hours away from Mountain Mods... :)

Hehehehe...yea. I love choosing ground shipping and getting my DD parts within 2 days. Some day I'm gonna have to hop over to DD and see Dennis.
 
Back
Top