• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Danger Den fittings

BellaCroix

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
1,054
Just wondering:

I'm considering "Frankensteining" a watercooling set up. Several parts will be Aqua Computer and Innovatek but I'm considering using DangerDen waterblock(s). Does anyone know if Innovatek 8x1 fitting will screw into DangerDen blocks?
 
I doubt it. I would just get the fittings for the tube size (or as close as you can) that you're using throughout your setup.
 
That's basically what I'm asking.

I know the Innovatek 8x1 tube will not fit over the standard DangerDen waterblock barbs but if I pull the stock barbs off the blocks will I be able to screw Innovatek 8x1 compression fittings onto those blocks?

Esentially, are the screw holes, threads, depth, etc compatible. Is there a standard that everyone uses?
 
Danger Den uses 9/16"-18 threads for their high flow fittings. This is an oddball size and has proven difficult to match up with. I finally gave up and either just went with what they had or replaced parts that had threads I could work with. DD makes some great products and they have excellent service but I'm not sure why they use such odd size threads.
 
so, just what parts are you planning on using from what manufacturer?

dangerden blocks are optimized for fairly high flow opperation. innovatek and aqua computer stuff is not.
 
That was something else I was just thinking about with mixing those brands. DangerDen tends to be a "high" flow system while both Innovatek and WC are "lower" flow systems. Not really sure how compatible that system would be even if I could make the fittings work.

Still I'd have liked to have been able to use what I percieve as the best from each manufacturer, guess that's the point of proprietary design though. Get them stuck with everything if they buy one part.

I'm not willing to use barbs on this next system and really wanted to make compression fittings work... looks like I'll be stuck deciding between the two Germans.

Anyone know any other manufacturers that I should consider for the waterblocks? Only rule is that it has to use (or can natively be made to use) Innovatek 8x1 compression fittings. I'm trying to stay clear of the AC connectors (I'm sure they're very good and quite reliable but I just trust compression fittings more from my days building race cars with my step father).
 
DFI Daishi said:
so, just what parts are you planning on using from what manufacturer?

Presently what I've decided on is:
Innovatek: Radiator, Res, Hose, Fittings, etc.
Aqua Computer: Pump, Aquaero, all inline sensors and probes (flow, temperature, etc).

I've not made any decisions yet on the waterblocks and that's why I was shopping around a little before making up my mind.
 
BellaCroix said:
Presently what I've decided on is:
Innovatek: Radiator, Res, Hose, Fittings, etc.
Aqua Computer: Pump, Aquaero, all inline sensors and probes (flow, temperature, etc).

I've not made any decisions yet on the waterblocks and that's why I was shopping around a little before making up my mind.

More of the new Cuplex XT's will be here in less than a week. They can be installed with 8mm compression fittings that Sharka has in stock. Please note that the link shows a 8mm x 1/4 BSPP fitting, but they have the correct ones that have a 1/8 BSPP thread on them that matches the XT block. Here is a pic of the shipment coming from Austria due in early next week.
 
Sideroxylon said:
Danger Den uses 9/16"-18 threads for their high flow fittings. This is an oddball size and has proven difficult to match up with. I finally gave up and either just went with what they had or replaced parts that had threads I could work with. DD makes some great products and they have excellent service but I'm not sure why they use such odd size threads.

If you use a proprietary product then no one can sell your parts except you. :(
 
Sideroxylon said:
DD makes some great products and they have excellent service...

Yeah, I know, I used all DD kit in my test build that I've been using to expiriment with my modding skills before I start my first actual build to post. I've been VERY happy with everything I've purchased from them (the only problems I had was with the reseller who couldn't seem to understand what an ID was vs an OD and who tried to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about (name withheld)).

I've been checking out some of the available parts from Sharka and think I'll be ordering a lot of the gear from them since they sell both Innovatek and AC. I hope they're as good as TN makes them sound. :p

They've already impressed me though by replying to an e-mail I sent them with a couple questions. My only concern is what kind of problems I'll have with RMA if necessary since they, apparently, don't do returns on WC gear.
 
BellaCroix said:
I've been checking out some of the available parts from Sharka and think I'll be ordering a lot of the gear from them since they sell both Innovatek and AC. I hope they're as good as TN makes them sound.

They've already impressed me though by replying to an e-mail I sent them with a couple questions. My only concern is what kind of problems I'll have with RMA if necessary since they, apparently, don't do returns on WC gear.


Found the blurb below on this Sharka page.

Sharka Corp said:
Returns & Refunds: Customers not 100% satisfied with products purchased from Sharka Computers may return them and receive credit back to the credit card used in the online purchase, provided it is within the 30 day warranty period. The amount of the refund is reflective of the price of the merchandise at the time of purchase excluding shipping and handling charges. A restocking fee of 20% will also be applied to all non-defective items at Sharka Computers's discretion. Sharka Computers will not refund or exchange any returned items that have been modified from their original state.
 
The dangerden stuff (MAZE4 etc...) I was told by them that they all have 1/4" NPT threads.
 
kleox64 said:
The dangerden stuff (MAZE4 etc...) I was told by them that they all have 1/4" NPT threads.

I thought I remembered reading the same thing somewhere but wasn't sure. Isn't that pretty much the standard size?

Not that it really matters too much anymore because, as others pointed out to me, DD gear is made for high-flow... I don't think my "bastard child of Innovatek and AC" will be able to keep up.
 
It was in an email I recieved from them when the MAZE 4 stuff was released, i needed to know so that I could find appropriate push-in fittings.
 
Top Nurse said:
Found the blurb below on this Sharka page.

Also from the Sharka page on almost every page that lists WC parts:

Sharka Computers said:
Note:
SHARKA CANNOT ALLOW REFUNDS ON WATERCOOLING PRODUCTS.

That quote is written in large,capital, red letters on the bottom of the page, immediately over the little button to "Buy Now". That does not say, "UNLESS DEFECTIVE, SHARKA CANNOT ALLOW REFUNDS ON WATERCOOLING PRODUCTS". It seems to say that "While we allow returns on most items, this particular item is an exception".

*afterthought*
...or are they trying to say you can't just return it because you've decided you don't like it? Difference between "refund" and "return"?
 
Back
Top