Danger Den DD-4870-X2 Water Block Review

Nice array of Triple SLi, but in a case they are still upside down and can't be fully appreciated........unless you have a "right-side-up" case......:eek: or no case at all....

You should see his lineup and you can fully appreciate every single component.

Yup, I'll second that on the Yate Loon D12SM-12's from Petra's Tech. Awesome fans, and they work wonders for low noise on radiators.

oh when i was running my setup, i had one fan on it running at 7v and after vantage it was at 47C. I left it running GPU stress tests for 24 hours and it was about 52C. When it was 57C was when my ambient temps in my apartment were 30C at the time. My AC had broken down actually :p I will be running more tests this weekend with a steady ambient of 26C with a YL-120L on it and record delta T of water and GPU.

Noctua-NF-P12-1300-120mm

Yeah, they're on the pricey side, but as rad quiet fans go these are the best I've used so far. I'm using 6 in push/pull on a PA120.3.

How well do these work vs 120x120x38mm fans like the Panaflo L1BX? They look interesting but I'm always disapointed with other fans compared to panaflos when static pressure is needed. (pushing through radiator or heatsink)

A 120x38mm fan will always beat out a 25mm fan as it has more static pressure. However with high quality 25mm fans like Noctua, S-Flex, Papst, the difference is not as much.

How well do these work vs 120x120x38mm fans like the Panaflo L1BX? They look interesting but I'm always disapointed with other fans compared to panaflos when static pressure is needed. (pushing through radiator or heatsink)

I'd need a direct comparison in order to say for sure. My last rad (HE120.3) had Panaflo120x38's, and frankly I was sick of the sound they made. But with the PA having less FPI it might not matter so much. As it is, my noc's work quite well, and they don't make me feel sorry that I have ears. ;)

Quickly, I just ran the Furmark stability test for 10 minutes at 1920x1200, 4xAA, 16xAF. Temps are even lower than they were when I orginally setup my waterblock. Thermal paste has had more time to cure I assume. This was also done with the core GPU speed set to 800MHz on both cores which is my 24/7 overclock. Notice not only the impressive GPU temps, but also the VRM temps. :)

See for yourself...

Furmark4870x2Temps.jpg

Back