dang it, why oh why 6800oc

UrbN

Limp Gawd
I just got my BFG 6800oc in today in the mail. I almost have my system done, just gotta install my harddrive. I haevn't installed it or my cd rom yet, i wanted to see how quiet my video card would be. I install the card, i just wanna turn the system on, see the bios flash up and turn it off after i go into my system bios. I plug it in, goto turn the power on and the system beeps then turns off.. i take out the card, put my old tnt 2 in there, it starts up fine, i take the tnt 2 out, put the 6800oc back in and the same thing. What could be the prob, i hate seeing this, did i get a bad card?

Sounds like your psu can't handle the system with the addition of the new video card.

I just bought the Antec Neopower 480, it was recommended by a few people off the forums.

weird, try using anothe molex connector, theres still a chance that the card is ok, it may just be a short with the gfx card.

I found out what the problem was, it was very simple duhhh to me... I just bought the new antec neopower, well you plug your own connectors in, they did it due to more space in the system. I didn't have mine plugged in far enough into the psu, and that was the problem. I feel pretty dang stupid, but i guess anticipation got me. Oh yeah, i ordered the 6800oc and hl2 bundle off the net, and they sent me farcry with the bundle. There were a few threads saying that farcry only came with the in store promotion, just giving you guys the heads up...

you do have the power plugged in the card right? b/c if not it will make this god awful beep.

haha, that was a loud arsh beep, i was like OMG WTF. I'm not used to having to plug the power source into the psu from the inside of the case, thanks guys !! :D ;)

Back